is only technical analysis or fundamental analysis is enough for trading?

do you thing 1 analysis is enough for trading ?

only technical can be enough to make money?

or only following news releases is enough ?

or how to combine them together ?

analysis = technical + fundamental (daily).

Just my opinion (I am doing it every morning to decide about what I will trade and when)

newdigital:

analysis = technical + fundamental (daily).

Just my opinion (I am doing it every morning to decide about what I will trade and when)

i think news releases tells you very important things , its just you have to read them carefully. thats where i have to improve myself more n more..

cheers

burakumitvar :

Your question has always lit the debate in the financial world. I guess there isn't an answer. all winning strategies are ok.

I think it depends also on the personal strategies. I follow the primary trend and believe that fundamental analysis is represented on charts by the price line. Therefore I care to include only the technical parameters to make the right considerations.

Rosiman:

Your question has always lit the debate in the financial world. I guess there isn't an answer. all winning strategies are ok.

I think it depends also on the personal strategies. I follow the primary trend and believe that fundamental analysis is represented on charts by the price line. Therefore I care to include only the technical parameters to make the right considerations.

yes , a good point

i respect that

thanks for your time

cheers

I believe technical analysis and fundamental analysis are the most "serious" approachs for investing in the markets.

However, I've seen other approachs too, but it's up to the user to use them.

See for instance this link. Would you use it?

Astrological Investing - Financial Astrology - Business Astrology - Stock Market Astrology
  • webmaster, Marlene Pfeifle, NCGR I; Kaye Shinker NCGR IV; Randall Ashbourne
  • www.astrologicalinvesting.com
Finding your way around the site: Astrological investing offers instruction for starting a stock investment club and has a monthly newsletter. Purchase Kaye Shinker's Textbook for Financial Astrology. Read articles on wall street, investing, business and financial astrology, stock trading and using technical analysis in conjunction...

newdigital:

analyse technique = + fondamentale (tous les jours).

Juste mon avis (je le fais tous les matins pour décider de ce que je vais commerce et quand)

totally agree with you

Malacarne:

I believe technical analysis and fundamental analysis are the most "serious" approachs for investing in the markets.

However, I've seen other approachs too, but it's up to the user to use them.

See for instance this link. Would you use it?

wow.. thats a very interesting point of view..

thank you for sharing and for your time..

cheers..

to consistently trade successfully you need:

1) entry criteria
2) exit criteria and optionally you can also have target 
3) SL for position: both for single entry and for averaging techniques
4) money management to define lot sizes both for single entry and for averaging techniques
5) successful historical backtest for defined strategy, 
non-optimized but based on statistical calculations
6) SL for the strategy: define moment when the strategy is not working anymore compared to historical results

whether any of these criterias is defined fundamentally, technically, astrologically, news-based, by counting words in twitter messages or anything else, is completely irrelevant.

burakumitvar:

I just look at charts. No fundamentals, no news, no stories, no four-leaf clovers or moon phases.

PzTrading:
I just look at charts. No fundamentals, no news, no stories, no four-leaf clovers or moon phases.
Investing according to moon phases seems to be an interesting approach, no? :-P
Reason: