How to officially register an indicator????

Hello every body, 

I want to officially register an indicator and publish it after registration, so please inform me how to do it ?

Sincerely

bolandnazar:

Hello every body, 

I want to officially register an indicator and publish it after registration, so please inform me how to do it ?

Sincerely

Register an indicator with who?

Keith Watford:

Register an indicator with who?

I want to register my indicator as like as known and famous indicators like Bollinger Bands, Alligator and MACD & ... .

bolandnazar:

I want to register my indicator as like as known and famous indicators like Bollinger Bands, Alligator and MACD & ... .

Who do you want to register it with?

Keith Watford:

Who do you want to register it with?

I don`t know with who! How is the procedure of introducing an indicator? I mean an indicator that is unique and not like other indicators.

You have to market and sell it as a trading system.

But i highly doubt that it does not exist already.

Marco vd Heijden:

You have to market and sell it as a trading system.

But i highly doubt that it does not exist already.

At first, I want to register this indicator and then publish and marketing it, and if it does exist already, why am I searching for register a public indicator ??? 

So your first job is to find out if it exists already or not.

Usually, in most cases it has all been done before.

But you discover that afterwards.

If people are already using a similar system then you can not say hey that's mine.

Especially if they have been using it their entire life.

Like i previously said, you better turn it into a profitable trading system and market that in stead of only an indicator.

Marco vd Heijden:

So your first job is to find out if it exists already or not.

Usually, in most cases it has all been done before.

But you discover that afterwards.

If people are already using a similar system then you can not say hey that's mine.

Especially if they have been using it their entire life.

Like i previously said, you better turn it into a profitable trading system and market that in stead of only an indicator.

I did search before and I did not find any indicator like mine, so I am certainly sure this indicator is unique.

According to your comment, my purpose from registering the indicator at first is to prevent usage of this indicator in similar systems.

And finally I do not want to turn it into trading system instead of an indicator.

I am pretty sure it is already in use and that you are not going to change anything about it.

And if it is unique as you say, it will be very hard to prevent unauthorized usage, once it's out. 

There are lots of copycats out there. I've seen decompiled ex4 files that were forged to bypass credentials and I've seen even MetaQuotes copyrighted indicator source that was dubbed with a false copyright, albeit 100% identical. So you want to claim sort of a patent on your indicator, huh? Think about how easy it'd be to decompile and mod that stuff. I'd take that advice, build a profitable strategy around it and sell the signal. That's my beginner's point of view.
Reason: