error message Notifications: failed send request [0] receive response failed [12002]

i have an EA sending push notifications to my phone. it is hosted on mql5 vps. it was working fine and i was receiving all the push notifications. then out of the blue it stopped sending notifications and the journal has many of these messages

"2019.02.12 16:03:31.642 Notifications: failed send request [0] receive response failed [12002]"

after several such messages the journal says it has no space anymore for notifications -

"2019.02.12 18:37:01.790 Notifications: not enough space for notification 'Bounce After MA Cross_v15, USDCHF(M1): MA Cross up'"

can anyone explain to me what to do please?

graham

I’m having the same problem, sometimes it sending messages, sometimes it doesn't. I tried to search all over the forum and I got no answer, no one seems to know the answer. Some user said it’s the vps problem, some other said it’s the terminal/ea problem.

I think the problem laid on the broker’s mt server, this is just my opinion, when user sent too many messages (for period of time) then the server will block your future request. 

I’m saying this because I have 5 mt4 accounts with 3 different brokers and 3 different vps in 3 different locations, all using same ea which means the trades would be almost identical and also for the push notification amounts. Just right after the last mt4 build update (around december 2020), suddenly all of my mt4 terminal having this behavior and still going with same error as yours. I’m still curious right now, at the moment as temporary solution I’m using email notification which so far having no problem but delay for up to few minutes.

I’ll keep searching for answer and will update to this thread when I found one (if I didn’t forget). If anyone already have the answer on this, please share it so I can leave this headache behind.

IIRC, the maximum limit on emails, is just like SendNotification: “no more than 2 calls per second and not more than 10 calls per minute.” Add a Sleep(6) after the SendMail and wrap a mutex around both (for multiple symbols).

William Roeder:
IIRC, the maximum limit on emails, is just like SendNotification: “no more than 2 calls per second and not more than 10 calls per minute.” Add a Sleep(6) after the SendMail and wrap a mutex around both (for multiple symbols).

Hi, William

Thank for the reply, the error that I've got wasn't "not enough space", it just saying exactly "Notifications: failed send request [0] receive response failed [12002]". Even when only 1 trade happened, the ea will just try to send 2 msg notification and the error occur, but when I tested send msg from Option panel it just working fine. This is why I went to conclusion either I got my account for this feature blocked or my machine ip blacklisted for sending message.

Hello,

I have the same problem.

Notifications: failed send request [0] send request failed [12002]

Error 12002 means an Internet timeout, this is nothing related to MT4 or MT5 but an Internet connection issue to some server.

Manage the error in your code and act accordingly.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Push notifications are not sent

Renat Fatkhullin , 2021.02.05 13:09

Through our own messages, push services are directed to Google, Apple and Huawei.

You have a problem accessing our server.

I have this error code when I test the push notifications in Tools > Options > Notifications > Test

I don't think it's because of the internet connection because push notifications work on my other MT4s ...

Mathilde:

I have this error code when I test the push notifications in Tools > Options > Notifications > Test

I don't think it's because of the internet connection because push notifications work on my other MT4s ...

If you say so, believe what you want dear.

Mathilde:

Do not double/triple post!!

I have deleted your duplicates.

If it's because of the internet connection why push notifications work on my other MT4s? I don't understand

I agree with Mathilde, I don’t think internet connection would be the issue, as what I wrote above, I have EAs run on 3 different brokers and 3 different vps. It would be strange if the connections suddenly have problem at same time on many different locations and brokers :)

Right now the problem still occur with me, I only received few push notifications when I should get more after I check my MT4s inbox.
Reason: