How do you cancel an accidental SL or TP drag/drop event?

Often when i mess around with fib curves, circles, trend lines etc. i accidentally drag a SL or TP from a position that is already rigged.
I have tried to press escape and other keys in an attempt to cancel the event, similarly to when you move a folder by accident in Microsoft File Explorer.
Nothing seems to prevent the completion of the operation.
Is it possible to cancel the drop part?

usfxtrader:
Often when i mess around with fib curves, circles, trend lines etc. i accidentally drag a SL or TP from a position that is already rigged.
I have tried to press escape and other keys in an attempt to cancel the event, similarly to when you move a folder by accident in Microsoft File Explorer.
Nothing seems to prevent the completion of the operation.
Is it possible to cancel the drop part?

Once it's done, it's done. You can prevent such mistakes in the future by going to Tools>Options>Charts and checking the Use 'Alt' key to drag trade levels. 

usfxtrader:

I have tried to press escape and other keys in an attempt to cancel the event

That has got me a number of times, so I turned off "One Click Trading" under Options -> Trade.

It means I get the popup window, then I have to hit the Modify button to continue. It's extra steps, but it's fine if you are a swing trader.

Anthony Garot:

That has got me a number of times, so I turned off "One Click Trading" under Options -> Trade.

It means I get the popup window, then I have to hit the Modify button to continue. It's extra steps, but it's fine if you are a swing trader.

Why not just turn on the 'Alt' key to drag trade levels? Then you can mess around with charting all you want and it won't interfere with your orders but you can still drag orders if you need to.

nicholi shen:

Why not just turn on the 'Alt' key to drag trade levels? Then you can mess around with charting all you want and it won't interfere with your orders but you can still drag orders if you need to.

That doesn't solve the problem of intentionally moving the SL (e.g. to visualize in another place), then deciding that you didn't want to.

Anthony Garot:

That doesn't solve the problem of intentionally moving the SL (e.g. to visualize in another place), then deciding that you didn't want to.

My bad. OP was talking about moving around chart objects and unintentionally moving an order. I thought we were still talking about that.

nicholi shen:

Hi Nicholi,

'Alt' + drag is a good solution. Thanks
Reason: