Earn a living

Does any of you earn a living programming in MQL4/5?

acolombo1:
Does any of you earn a living programming in MQL4/5?
No, do not become mql developer

Well I guess you could, and with any software development application. As long as you have 1) Demand ; 2) Good coding skills; 3) build a reputation as a good developer of Indicators, EAs and Scripts. 

No

I know several people who make a living programming.

But you have to understand that these people have the ability to code in many languages so not just MQL4/5.

And so they also work on other projects as well.

Interesting collage of answers. I'd guess this is not any more lucrative than any other programming, and also nobody gets rich through automated trading (?)

You didn't ask anything about automated trading.

I also know several people who earn a living by doing that, and they are not all programmers.

I mean automated trading with mql, If someone gets rich, then programming should be well paid

There may be our friends out there who suffered such a fate.

No

acolombo1:
I mean automated trading with mql, If someone gets rich, then programming should be well paid

I think automated trading with ea is possible and someone out there probably has done it. But "automated" doesn't mean you put your ea and leave it a month, and in the end of month you just have a good profit. There must be a continuous tweaking.

"well paid" is about the demand. And programming skill could be acquired by anyone. But to have a profitable ea and strategy, it's a loooong story and time consuming.

You might be interested to copy trading in "Signals" section.

Reason: