differing ma levels, help please

Hi there, I've noticed when looking on certain FX news feeds that whenever someone shares a chart with moving averages on i always seem to have different levels to them (simple MA that applies to the close). They might not be out by much but it will certainly effect my trading and my technical analysis. I was thinking it could be due to time zones and the fact that im from the UK and most news feed traders are from the states? Surely it would be best to follow what the majority of traders have as indicators are a 'self fulfilling prophecy'. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. thanks 

It is hard to know what you are asking since you don't post  jpg of the different charts, but I doubt many news feeds use simple MAs on close prices only.  I also can't tell if you have tried all the MA options: method (simple, smoothed, etc...), price (close, median, weighted, etc), or the length (how many periods you are using.)

Also there are other times of moving averages, I use Laguerre moving averages which is an entirely different calculation.  Like everything in trading, there is no one way of looking at anything.

elliotbyrne:
They might not be out by much but it will certainly effect my trading and my technical analysis.

Forex isn't centralized.

If you have two running instances of MetaTrader with two different brokers, you are likely to see some differences in prices, which results in differences in moving averages.

Reason: