Copy signal on several accounts with same broker - some get closed whilst others remain open

Hello,

I copy a signal using MT4 on my server which is on and online 24/7.  I have several accounts with the same broker and copy the signal with the same settings on the MT4.  Every trading account has a separate MT4 open on the server.  Suddenly on one account (and it is not allways the same account) trades get closed whilst on the signal provider and the other accounts the orders remain open.  This happened already 5 times now.

I have sufficient margin on all accounts (> 5000%), nor SL nor TP got hit and not using VPS.  All boxes on the MT4 for signal copying are ticked on and I follow for 70%.

What can be the reason ?

janderluyn:

Hello,

I copy a signal using MT4 on my server which is on and online 24/7.  I have several accounts with the same broker and copy the signal with the same settings on the MT4.  Every trading account has a separate MT4 open on the server.  Suddenly on one account (and it is not allways the same account) trades get closed whilst on the signal provider and the other accounts the orders remain open.  This happened already 5 times now.

I have sufficient margin on all accounts (> 5000%), nor SL nor TP got hit and not using VPS.  All boxes on the MT4 for signal copying are ticked on and I follow for 70%.

What can be the reason ?

We can't help you since you are not using MQL5 VPS, but a screenshot of your journal at the time of the position closure could help.

Eleni Anna Branou:

We can't help you since you are not using MQL5 VPS, but a screenshot of your journal at the time of the position closure could help.

In which way would MQL5 VPS improve or change my issue ? + do I need MQL5 VPs for each account in this case ? + do I need to switch off my server if I use MQL5 VPS in order to avoid double order entries ?

janderluyn:

In which way would MQL5 VPS improve or change my issue ? + do I need MQL5 VPs for each account in this case ? + do I need to switch off my server if I use MQL5 VPS in order to avoid double order entries ?

Yes, with MQL5 VPS you need one server per account. In order to avoid double copying, you should not tick the: Enable realtime signal subscription, option in Signals tab, after the VPS synchronization.

Reason: