Large slippage although using VPS

I am following [...] signal since January 2019. I am using same broker as trader's broker (IC Markets) and already using Metatrader VPS.

I notice that the execution price on my account is not the same as execution price on trader's account. And I have told it to the trader and yes She said that there are pretty much differences.

The VPS is already connected, I already check VPS journal.

Has anyone experience it?

Thank you

Ivan

Network latency is an inevitable consequence of communicating data using world wide web.

Then there is also the slippage when opening a trade and closing a trade. 

You can find a new broker with less slippage, by clicking on the slippage tab of the signal to find out.

I attach my vps journal herewith. You can see delay about 300 ms to copy the position. I already use MQL5 VPS and use the same broker as the trader's one. Any advice?

ivanyuwono:

I attach my vps journal herewith. You can see delay about 300 ms to copy the position. I already use MQL5 VPS and use the same broker as the trader's one. Any advice?

I see from your image about 2 ms which is fantastic ping!
I did not see 300 ms which is fine as well.

Sergey Golubev:

I see from your image about 2 ms which is fantastic ping!
I did not see 300 ms which is fine as well.

Please see

Compare

1.the time that trader opened position 01:10:02.906  and see the time that position copied to my account 01:10:03.125 .  And the price differences 1.14160 (trader) vs 1.14148 (mine)

2.the time that trader closed position 03:20:41.532  and see the time that position copied to my account 03:20:41.813.  And the price differences 1.14108(trader) vs 1.14121 (mine)

I got large slippage even though using MQL 5 VPS and same broker (ICMarkets).  Is it normal?

01:10:02.906
01:10:03.125

906 and 125 are in ms (not the seconds), right?

I think it is related to your broker's account and for the time of the orders' execution.
Because from what I see - your VPS ping is 2.48 and it is really fantastic ping which can be used for high-frequency trading for example.

Sergey Golubev:

01:10:02.906
01:10:03.125

906 and 125 are in ms (not the seconds), right?

I think it is related to your broker's account and for the time of the orders' execution.
Because from what I see - your VPS ping is 2.48 and it is really fantastic ping which can be used for high-frequency trading for example.

Hello Sergey,

01:10:02.906 to 01:10:03.125  meaning there is more than 200 ms delay right? Is it normal case? 

I think it is related to your broker's account and for the time of the orders' execution. -> We both have same broker. We use IC Markets ECN account.

For all position i have copied, the profit is only +/- 2 pips,  while the trader's profit is 5 pips. 

Any idea?

ivanyuwono:

Hello Sergey,

01:10:02.906 to 01:10:03.125  meaning there is more than 200 ms delay right? Is it normal case? 

I think it is related to your broker's account and for the time of the orders' execution. -> We both have same broker. We use IC Markets ECN account.

For all position i have copied, the profit is only +/- 2 pips,  while the trader's profit is 5 pips. 

Any idea?

I have no idea which technique the signal provider is using ... may be - scalping during the high impacted news events with big slippage, or pending orders trading news events ...
But it is related to your account/broker and execution time (related to the broker too).

If the signal provider is making the profit within 5 pips, and your profit/loss is about +/- 2 pips so it is better to select the other signal to subscribe.
Because not all the brokers are allowing such the trading technique sorry.

Reason: