Protect an EA from deconnection/platform closing issues

Hello, is there a way of protecting an EA against issues coming from disconnection or closing and re-opening MT4 ?

I use an EA working with pending OCO orders and pending hedging orders at same levels as intiial OCO levels. After closing MT4 the EA entered one more time the initial trades when price reached the corresponding levels. For one trade it seems it did not enter a correct lot size for the hedging but kept the lot size corresponding to the order that should have been cancelled (OCO) (for this trade there was already a correct hedging lot size related to the first entry). I waited and noticed that when TP level was reached, when 2 orders had been triggered, only one of the 2 was closed according to the settings, so 1 trade of the 2 was let un-managed.

Is there a way of avoiding such issues ?

Thank you for your help.

Richard

Richard Jehl:

Hello, is there a way of protecting an EA against issues coming from disconnection or closing and re-opening MT4 ?

I use an EA working with pending OCO orders and pending hedging orders at same levels as intiial OCO levels. After closing MT4 the EA entered one more time the initial trades when price reached the corresponding levels. For one trade it seems it did not enter a correct lot size for the hedging but kept the lot size corresponding to the order that should have been cancelled (OCO) (for this trade there was already a correct hedging lot size related to the first entry). I waited and noticed that when TP level was reached, when 2 orders had been triggered, only one of the 2 was closed according to the settings, so 1 trade of the 2 was let un-managed.

Is there a way of avoiding such issues ?

Thank you for your help.

Richard

Use vps
Reason: