EA Market Listing Rules

At present EA vendors are not allowed to restrict EAsby symbol, timeframe etc.  Generally, this makes a lot of sense simply because such restrictions are an inconvenience to paying customers.

The issue is when a fully functional demo is listed for free.  I'd like to list all my EAs for free with a time limitation coded into the EA; however, this would breach the MQL5 rules.  Can the MQL5 team please adjust the listing rules to allow some coded limitations in EAs provided for free?

Thank you

Max Brown:

At present EA vendors are not allowed to restrict EAsby symbol, timeframe etc.  Generally, this makes a lot of sense simply because such restrictions are an inconvenience to paying customers.

The issue is when a fully functional demo is listed for free.  I'd like to list all my EAs for free with a time limitation coded into the EA; however, this would breach the MQL5 rules.  Can the MQL5 team please adjust the listing rules to allow some coded limitations in EAs provided for free?

Thank you

They will not do it due to patent regulations governing this site, what you can do is that you can provide time limited version to your customers through the private message, wouldn't make that much difference though and as a matter of fact better in this case.

Reason: