Coding an ea

I am showing my age here but I remember back in the 80's making programs using basic ... Remember that?  I look at today's code and it looks like a foreign language. 

My question is ... Are any of the 'builder' utilities any good? (Simple) ... I have a working manual system but can't pay for development of an ea from scratch as I simply can't afford it.

Thanks.

tonybarrigan:

I am showing my age here but I remember back in the 80's making programs using basic ... Remember that?  I look at today's code and it looks like a foreign language. 

My question is ... Are any of the 'builder' utilities any good? (Simple) ... I have a working manual system but can't pay for development of an ea from scratch as I simply can't afford it.

Thanks.

There are many good manual systems out there and many of them should not be automated i've learned and seen, are you sure yours would be as good if it turned into an EA? Human intervention vs robot are quite different as an EA don't have the touch of a human as many manual systems needs in my opinion.

Kenneth Parling:

There are many good manual systems out there and many of them should not be automated i've learned and seen, are you sure yours would be as good if it turned into an EA? Human intervention vs robot are quite different as an EA don't have the touch of a human as many manual systems needs in my opinion.

Hi Kenneth, thanks for your reply ... It's a great question because it hits the nail on the head. My manual system is almost impossible to use as a manual system as it requires constant input and monitoring, it has a very rigid set of rules which make it tricky to get right by hand ... So much so that I rarely use it even though it works. Crazy, I know.

tonybarrigan:

Are any of the 'builder' utilities any good? (Simple)

I've not tried any, but it seems that the general consensus on this forum is: no.

You probably won't get much help (at least from this forum) for generated code.

Anthony Garot:

I've not tried any, but it seems that the general consensus on this forum is: no.

You probably won't get much help (at least from this forum) for generated code.

I'm doubtful whether I could get the hang of it anyway as my patience for computing isn't what it was ... Which is why I needed something so simple that a monkey could do it.

tonybarrigan:

Hi Kenneth, thanks for your reply ... It's a great question because it hits the nail on the head. My manual system is almost impossible to use as a manual system as it requires constant input and monitoring, it has a very rigid set of rules which make it tricky to get right by hand ... So much so that I rarely use it even though it works. Crazy, I know.

Well, atleast you could try make a request in the Freelance section with a small budget that could work for you and then see if anyone would be interested…… If you don't try you can't know right? Worth a try i Think;)

Kenneth Parling:
Well, atleast you could try make a request in the Freelance section with a small budget that could work for you and then see if anyone would be interested…… If you don't try you can't know right? Worth a try i Think;)

It's a possibility for the future but I'm waiting for them to bring back basic (have my c64 on standby).

tonybarrigan:

It's a possibility for the future but I'm waiting for them to bring back basic (have my c64 on standby).

I had one, i miss it! :(
Reason: