How can I make my Signal accessible to a selected group of people only.

Is it possible to have another category of Signals (apart from Private or Public), which is only available to a selected group of people (i.e. friends and family)?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Signal Distribution Help.

Sergey Golubev, 2018.12.23 20:57

I think it is impossible to select subscribers (according to what I was reading about the Signal service).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Signal Distribution Help.

Eleni Anna Branou, 2018.12.23 21:17

This is only possible through sharing your MQL5 community credentials to your friends.

Then they can login into the MT4 >> Tools >> Options >> Community, tab with your credentials and copy your signal for free as if they were you.

Sergey Golubev:

Thanks for the comments and suggestion (Eleni).

I will try sharing the community ID, but I have a feeling that only one person can share it, because I don't think the system will allow you to share the same signal more than once... I'll try it anyway, thanks a lot.

Atila

Atila Recep Akdeniz:

Thanks for the comments and suggestion (Eleni).

I will try sharing the community ID, but I have a feeling that only one person can share it, because I don't think the system will allow you to share the same signal more than once... I'll try it anyway, thanks a lot.

Atila

I don't think that there is such limitation, but do try it in more than one platforms and let us know.

I checked it in MT5 (it is an MT5 signal), it doesn't allow me to copy my own private signal. 

The copy button is greyed out.

Atila Recep Akdeniz:

I checked it in MT5 (it is an MT5 signal), it doesn't allow me to copy my own private signal. 

The copy button is greyed out.

You can't copy your signal from the same account that you used to publish it.

Use a different account and login into your MQL5 community account in MT5 >> Tools >> Options >> Community, tab.

Hi Eleni, no, it was a different MT5 account with the same Community id.

Hi again,

Looks like your suggestion works if an account owner with a different name uses my community id (but doesn't work from another account under my exact name).

They can copy the signal free of charge, BUT, as long as the signal is NOT private.

As soon as I change the signal back to private, their subscription is cancelled.

So, the bottom line seems to be that nobody can copy a private signal, (even with my community id), and I need to keep the signal public for others to be able to copy.

Hence the initial problem still not solved unfortunately.

However, your suggestion can be used as a stop-gap measure until/if MQL5 develops another category of private signals that can be copied by a selected group of people only.

Thanks Eleni.

Atila Recep Akdeniz:

Hi again,

Looks like your suggestion works if an account owner with a different name uses my community id (but doesn't work from another account under my exact name).

They can copy the signal free of charge, BUT, as long as the signal is NOT private.

As soon as I change the signal back to private, their subscription is cancelled.

So, the bottom line seems to be that nobody can copy a private signal, (even with my community id), and I need to keep the signal public for others to be able to copy.

Hence the initial problem still not solved unfortunately.

However, your suggestion can be used as a stop-gap measure until/if MQL5 develops another category of private signals that can be copied by a selected group of people only.

Thanks Eleni.

That is what I was talking about.

You can always put a big price for your signal, in order to make it inaccessible for MQL5 members.

Reason: