EMA and/or MA crossover

Hi all

Ive completed the entire course on udemy on how to build a forex bot and have all the notes, so how can I have a set up where when the 50 EMA is above the 10 EMA there is a sell position, and when the the 10EMA is above the 50 EMA there is a buy position? thanks :)

abzfarooq:

Hi all

Ive completed the entire course on udemy on how to build a forex bot and have all the notes, so how can I have a set up where when the 50 EMA is above the 10 EMA there is a sell position, and when the the 10EMA is above the 50 EMA there is a buy position? thanks :)

Use any ea that uses macd zero crosses and set the macd to 10,50

Mladen Rakic:
Use any ea that uses macd zero crosses and set the macd to 10,50

How come you are using the Macd? rather then only using just 2 emas in the formula? cheers

abzfarooq:

How come you are using the Macd? rather then only using just 2 emas in the formula? cheers

also what does EA mean? 

abzfarooq:
also what does EA mean? 

Macd is calculated using two emas (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MACD) and since you are after a two emas cross "bot" you probably should look at what already does that what you are looking for (even if it is not called "two ema crosses bot")

EA : expert advisor (what you call a bot)

MACD - Wikipedia
MACD - Wikipedia
  • en.wikipedia.org
Example of historical stock price data (top half) with the typical presentation of a MACD(12,26,9) indicator (bottom half). The blue line is the MACD series proper, the difference between the 12-day and 26-day EMAs of the price. The red line is the average or signal series, a 9-day EMA of the MACD series. The bar graph shows the divergence...

Mladen Rakic:

Macd is calculated using two emas (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MACD) and since you are after a two emas cross "bot" you probably should look at what already does that what you are looking for (even if it is not called "two ema crosses bot")

EA : expert advisor (what you call a bot)

Perfect, thanks dude, had a great read! I'm trying to find out how to code the MacD, with the old system when you highlight and click f1 you get a 'dictionary' of sorts with the code (image 1), but now with f1 I get this (image 2).  so how can I code this Macd formula? Or to save us time, Do you have the code of a system that uses the EA and incorporates the MacD zero crossover to hand? coz it seems pretty straight forwards and It would be awesome if you could send that. :) cheers 

abzfarooq: Perfect, thanks dude, had a great read! I'm trying to find out how to code the MacD, with the old system when you highlight and click f1 you get a 'dictionary' of sorts with the code (image 1), but now with f1 I get this (image 2).  so how can I code this Macd formula? Or to save us time, Do you have the code of a system that uses the EA and incorporates the MacD zero crossover to hand? coz it seems pretty straight forwards and It would be awesome if you could send that. :) cheers 

You will find plenty of examples in the CodeBase, which includes examples of MACD Zero Cross as well as MA Fast/Slow Cross. So study those examples and use the knowledge to build your own EA.

Also, have a look at @Mladen Rakic's profile and under his Publications you will find hundreds of his CodeBase contributions as well as the many Forum threads he as authored on many subjects, which you can study and use to build up your own knowledge.

Fernando Carreiro:

You will find plenty of examples in the CodeBase, which includes examples of MACD Zero Cross as well as MA Fast/Slow Cross. So study those examples and use the knowledge to build your own EA.

Also, have a look at @Mladen Rakic's profile and under his Publications you will find hundreds of his CodeBase contributions as well as the many Forum threads he as authored on many subjects, which you can study and use to build up your own knowledge.

thanks mate, perfect 

Reason: