Tried to subscribe to two different signals and failed both times

I'm running a very popular signal on an MT4 ECN 1:500 account at Trader's Way with no problems at all.

I have three such accounts at Trader's Way and one such account with only 1:200 leverage at FXChoice - I live in the US. :(

I have no problems installing, uninstalling and reinstalling the MT4 clients for the different accounts. 

I tried to subscribe to a fairly new signal from a popular provider but the search function in MT4 would not find it - no search results whatsoever. This happened for both Trader's Way and FXChoice MT4 clients. 

A couple of days later, I tried subscribing to a different, recently-released signal from another very popular provider but searching on the name comes up with nothing. 

If I try to subscribe by clicking the big green button at MQL5.com ("Copy Trades for XX USD"), I get a message box saying "Open URL MQL4 buy protocol". Clicking that does nothing. 

I tried searching after clicking on the Signals tab in MT4 (instead of 'All') and I found a review of the signal on which I just tried and failed to subscribe. Luckily, when I clicked on the review link, the green 'copy signal for xx USD' button appeared in the middle right of MT4. I clicked it and successfully subscribed to the signal.

Most likely, I will never be able to subscribe to the signal I originally wanted to. Is anyone else seeing this??? It was one heck of a mess trying to subscribe and I just got lucky. 

Reason: