Opening a live account

I have already signed up for a demo account just to get familiar with the 5 platform.  I am interested in going live but can not find how to do that.  I thought I had seen that as I was processing the demo.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

I understand that MetaTrader5 is under BETA testing and is the reason why many brokers are not fully supporting live trading accounts with mt5. 

This is the feedback I have been getting when talking to brokers.

Does anyone know the status of this BETA testing and when MetaQuotes will release a proper version of mt5 that brokers will feel confident to support?

mcai4sh3:

I understand that MetaTrader5 is under BETA testing and is the reason why many brokers are not fully supporting live trading accounts with mt5. 

This is the feedback I have been getting when talking to brokers.

Does anyone know the status of this BETA testing and when MetaQuotes will release a proper version of mt5 that brokers will feel confident to support?

coming soon...

Gachette:
coming soon...
Actually Instaforex does have live mt5 accounts.  I have been with them for 4 days.  so far so good.

I have a couple questions about the status of MT5. 

1) Is MetatTrader 5 formally/officially out of beta testing?

2) If not, when it it planned to be launched for production

3) fxkeysharp notes above in January 2011 that Instaforex was supporting live MT5 accounts.  However checking the Instaforex site just now, they still say that their "instatrader" is based on MT4 (http://instaforex.com/trading_platform.php).

So my question 3) is: does anyone know of brokers that are offering MT5  live?

The reason I ask is that I after having played with the demo client I find MT5 very impressive, and I'd like to start using it, as opposed to having to relearn MT4.  Also, I'd like to commission the development of an EA, but if MT5 is still unstable, I think I should hold off in case something changes.

Thanks

Surfer 

InstaTrader trading platform
  • instaforex.com
InstaTrader is het meest dynamisch ontwikkelde trading platform op de basis van MetaTrader 4. Het InstaForex trading platform wordt gratis aangeboden, waaronder MultiTerminal en de mobiele versie voor Windows Mobile. Het InstaTrader platform maakt niet alleen het uitvoeren van deals over Forex via InstaForex mogelijk, maar ook het ontvangen van...

When will MT5 be live?? :)

Surfer:

I have a couple questions about the status of MT5. 

1) Is MetatTrader 5 formally/officially out of beta testing? (reply : no one say formally/officially but many MT4 user ask for it - "let's us test it first". Not a beta testing, but "in user feedback developing stage" - involving many user. I thing their beta tester does a good job, so they went to user. MetaQutes also give time to user to get familiar with it) 

2) If not, when it it planned to be launched for production? (reply : when ready. MQL5 is more complex than MT4 and based on experience with MT4, where's so many critics that MT4 was launched for live trading still with some bugs)

3) fxkeysharp notes above in January 2011 that Instaforex was supporting live MT5 accounts.  However checking the Instaforex site just now, they still say that their "instatrader" is based on MT4 (http://instaforex.com/trading_platform.php). (reply : legal matter, basically, no one wants to be blame. read their legal paper when you open account with any broker)

So my question 3) is: does anyone know of brokers that are offering MT5  live?

The reason I ask is that I after having played with the demo client I find MT5 very impressive, and I'd like to start using it, as opposed to having to relearn MT4.  Also, I'd like to commission the development of an EA, but if MT5 is still unstable, I think I should hold off in case something changes. (reply : for your money sake, that's correct decision, and that's also explain why no one (MetaQuotes and brokers) wants MT5 on live account, yet)

Thanks

Surfer 

Be patient, sharp your trading skill, when she's ready, you are more than ready. 

Surfer:

The reason I ask is that I after having played with the demo client I find MT5 very impressive, and I'd like to start using it, as opposed to having to relearn MT4.  Also, I'd like to commission the development of an EA, but if MT5 is still unstable, I think I should hold off in case something changes.

I forget to add this :

MQL4 is much more easier than MQL5. If you understand MQL5, then it will take you no time to learn MQL4, seriously : NO TIME. All you need is MQL4 commands which available from MT4 MetaEditor.

Beside you can learn MQL4 article, EA, CI and script from MQL4.com which most of them still not available in MQL5.com.

You're not scared aren't you ? :)

Reason: