CustomTicksDelete issue, possibly a bug in build 1940

Hello all.

After calling CustomTicksDelete() method, ticks are properly deleted from ticks database of the custom symbol.

But, when adding new ticks to the database results in error if their times_msc value happens before the last time_msc value that was there.

Only ticks added after are able to be added.

This can be a bug. Otherwise, how to properly handle this, please?

There are much more bugs in this new release, you will have problem with copyrates, SeriesInfoInteger,CopyTime .... And double / int function calculation...etc. And the strange things is that it do not happen at beginning, but after several hours to got the problem in random, a huge  mess for this release... Several EA that I have been running stable for several years are working very strangely from this release..  Very busy on finding alternative solution these days!

And no way to downgrade, officially.
This issue I mentioned was introduced in a previous build indeed, but I just reported now.

Aecio de Feo Flora Neto:
And no way to downgrade, officially.
This issue I mentioned was introduced in a previous build indeed, but I just reported now.
No offense but this has still to be proved as a bug. If you want to be heard by Metaquotes you have to provide a way to reproduce your issue. Can you provide a test case ?

Alain Verleyen:
No offense but this has still to be proved as a bug. If you want to be heard by Metaquotes you have to provide a way to reproduce your issue. Can you provide a test case ?

Agreed. That's why it is written 'possibly a bug'.

For a test case, we have this code which started acting weird since build 1930. It has been working just fine in any build before it.

Just add a CustomTicksDelete(...) call in it and watch it how it goes.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/20254

Renko 2.0 Offline
Renko 2.0 Offline
  • www.mql5.com
ErrorDesc Printing GetLastError() and MqlTradeResult retcode as text description. Schaff Trend Cycle The Schaff Trend Cycle (STC) indicator detects up and down trends long before the MACD. It does this by using the same Exponential Moving Averages (EMAs), but adds a cycle component to factor currency cycle trends. Since currency cycle...

Please be specific and supply a code snippet with isolated problem.

Marco vd Heijden:
Please be specific and supply a code snippet with isolated problem.
It is pretty clear in first post.

Actually it's not.

Aecio de Feo Flora Neto:
It is pretty clear in first post.

Do you really want to have it fixed ?

Provide a test case yourself please.

Aecio de Feo Flora Neto:

Hello all.

After calling CustomTicksDelete() method, ticks are properly deleted from ticks database of the custom symbol.

But, when adding new ticks to the database results in error if their times_msc value happens before the last time_msc value that was there.

Only ticks added after are able to be added.

This can be a bug. Otherwise, how to properly handle this, please?

I saw similar "bug/feature" occured sporadically in builds much earlier than 1940. The only obvious workaround I know is to show a warning and suggest a user to clean up the custom symbol and recreate it anew or do it from your MQL code.

Stanislav Korotky: I saw similar "bug/feature" occured sporadically in builds much earlier than 1940. The only obvious workaround I know is to show a warning and suggest a user to clean up the custom symbol and recreate it anew or do it from your MQL code.

Agreed!

When I first started playing with Custom Symbols (can't remember the build), I had a similar problem, and believed I had narrowed down the problem happening due to delays in MetaTrader updating and flushing the files to disk. I would often delete the files completely and restart the process.

However, since then, I have not used that function anymore, so never encountered the problem again.

Reason: