I need to show Alert when Tick/Start stops for given time in MQL.

Hi is there any way to detect if Tick/Start has stopped at some interval.

Problem is i don't know where to check that as OnTick function won't trigger when there are no ticks.

I used sleep inside tick and tried to grab previous TICKCOUNT values and compare - didn't work

I tried IsConnected function - didn't work.

adeelpirzada: Hi is there any way to detect if Tick/Start has stopped at some interval

Problem is i don't know where to check that as OnTick function won't trigger when there are no ticks.

I used sleep inside tick and tried to grab previous TICKCOUNT values and compare - didn't work

Use the OnTimer() event handler. Also, search the forum because this question has already been asked and answered here (I listed two, but there should be more).

Notification when disconnected
Notification when disconnected
  • www.mql5.com
Hey, is there a way to get a notification via email or push to mobile devices if the MetaTrader client running on a server goes offline (no connect...

adeelpirzada:

Hi is there any way to detect if Tick/Start has stopped at some interval.

You might look into FX Blue Auto-Restart for MT4

Here is the link, https://www.fxblue.com/appstore/c2/trader-apps?sort=popularity&page=2

FX Blue Auto-Restart for MT4
  • FX Blue Labs - www.fxbluelabs.com
  • www.fxblue.com
It's a fact of life that MT4 occasionally gets disconnected from the broker's server. These problems usually resolve themselves quickly, but MT4 sometimes needs to be restarted in order to re-establish a connection. The MT4 Auto-restart EA watches for these connection issues. It can be configured to send alerts, and also to restart MT4...

Fernando Carreiro:

Use the OnTimer() event handler. Also, search the forum because this question has already been asked and answered here (I listed two, but there should be more).

Thank you 
Reason: