What does the grey section on equity curve mean?

Hi,

When researching signals to copy, I often see a slightly greyed out section on the equity curve. Like this one for example...

Does anyone know why it is greyed out at the start? What does that mean?

cre8iveq:

Hi,

When researching signals to copy, I often see a slightly greyed out section on the equity curve. Like this one for example...

Does anyone know why it is greyed out at the start? What does that mean?

Its the period prior to signal's connection to MQL5 signal database.

The vertical line marks the point that the signal was connected to the MQL5 signal database.

Also the maximum drawdown value indicated in the statistics, is valid only for the period the signal was connected with the MQL5 signal database and not before (greyed section).

Excellent, thank you... I couldn't find that anywhere. I assume everything in the grey is taken from their history though right? So it still should be pretty accurate (except for drawdowns as you mentioned), especially if it's a reputable broker. Pretty hard to manipulate your history

cre8iveq:
Excellent, thank you... I couldn't find that anywhere. I assume everything in the grey is taken from their history though right? So it still should be pretty accurate (except for drawdowns as you mentioned), especially if it's a reputable broker. Pretty hard to manipulate your history

Exactly right.

Reason: