How to Read the PC Unique Name using MQL?

Hi,

I've built an EA and would like to deploy to a client but I'd like to allow only one PC to be run on. License per PC.

How to program this?

Is it possible to read the client's PC unique name using MQL and check against a whitelist?

Thanks,

William2050:

Hi,

I've built an EA and would like to deploy to a client but I'd like to allow only one PC to be run on. License per PC.

How to program this?

Is it possible to read the client's PC unique name using MQL and check against a whitelist?

Thanks,

Never did that but probably you will need to use som Win System DLL to access the Registry, looking for:

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography'

and

the key  'MachineGuid'

Hope this help you in any way...

;)

Are you trying to deploy somewhere other then the market?

Yes to friends for instance.

Do you mean if I deploy to The Market, the market handles the licensing issue mentioned? Not sure how it works.

Also do people deploy products based on their individual names or based on a company name? Do you have to pay tax on any income received?

Minions Labs:

Never did that but probably you will need to use som Win System DLL to access the Registry, looking for:

Hope this help you in any way...

;)

Thanks, interesting.

William2050:

Thanks, interesting.

If you work with a system dll, then a unique number can be generated as a hash code from a set of hardware and software ID's -  CPU, HDD, OS, etc.