How to get the result from a custom indicator

Hi All,

I am trying learn to use a custom indicator that is available in the mql5 forum in my EA.

I have downloaded it and it is available in the Market folder. Indicator URL : [Market product link was deleted by moderator]

In my OnInit function, I am simply using the following code to see what it returns. The problem is, it doesn't say whether it is returning a buy or sell signal. I see a whole bunch of numbers.

Comment("Signal : " +  iCustom(NULL,0,"Market\\XLV4 Moving Average Color",20,1,0,False));

This indicator shows a red line for sell and blue line for buy.

Could any one help me to get that values please?

I am not a coder so I can nit help much ... but you can try with the other custom indicators, not from the Market.
From CodeBase for example.

don per:

Hi All,

I am trying learn to use a custom indicator that is available in the mql5 forum in my EA.

I have downloaded it and it is available in the Market folder. Indicator URL : [Market product link was deleted by moderator]

In my OnInit function, I am simply using the following code to see what it returns. The problem is, it doesn't say whether it is returning a buy or sell signal. I see a whole bunch of numbers.

Comment("Signal : " +  iCustom(NULL,0,"Market\\XLV4 Moving Average Color",20,1,0,False));

This indicator shows a red line for sell and blue line for buy.

Could any one help me to get that values please?

There are 2 ways to do that, both using iCustom()...

1- Contact the developer so he/she can tell you what buffers exactly have those values. AND, if this is possible - maybe the indicator was not coded to send back BUY/SELL signals through buffers...

2- Try for yourself and figure out what are the buffers that contain the BUY and SELL signals, cycle in the iCustom() through 0-N buffers ans see what you get...

;)

Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated.
Reason: