Help with EA

Hello,

Recently I found a website called forexeadvisor.com which creates the code for a custom ea. I put in all the parameters for the indicators I use while manual trading, as I would like to automate this process. After compiling the code, it came back with a few warnings and made 0 trades. Was wondering if anyone knew why this happened.

Here is the code-

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//                        DO NOT DELETE THIS HEADER
//             DELETING THIS HEADER IS COPYRIGHT INFRIGMENT 
//
//                   Copyright ©2011, ForexEAdvisor.com
//                 ForexEAdvisor Strategy Builder version 0.2
//                        http://www.ForexEAdvisor.com 
//
// THIS EA CODE HAS BEEN GENERATED USING FOREXEADVISOR STRATEGY BUILDER 0.2 
// on: 10/14/2018 11:38:25 PM
// Disclaimer: This EA is provided to you "AS-IS", and ForexEAdvisor disclaims any warranty
// or liability obligations to you of any kind. 
// UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL FOREXEADVISOR BE LIABLE TO YOU, OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY,
// FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE OR PROFIT, LOST OR DAMAGED DATA, OR OTHER COMMERCIAL OR
// ECONOMIC LOSS OR FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, STATUTORY, PUNITIVE,
// EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS EA OR 
// FOREXEADVISOR STRATEGY BUILDER     
// Because software is inherently complex and may not be completely free of errors, you are 
// advised to verify this EA. Before using this EA, please read the ForexEAdvisor Strategy Builder
// license for a complete understanding of ForexEAdvisor' disclaimers.  
// USE THIS EA AT YOUR OWN RISK. 
//  
// Before adding this expert advisor to a chart, make sure there are NO
// open positions.
//                      DO NOT DELETE THIS HEADER
//             DELETING THIS HEADER IS COPYRIGHT INFRIGMENT 

extern int MagicNumber=0;
extern double Lots =0.1;
extern double StopLoss=50;
extern double TakeProfit=50;
extern int TrailingStop=50;
extern int Slippage=3;
//    expert start function
int start()
{
  double MyPoint=Point;
  if(Digits==3 || Digits==5) MyPoint=Point*10;

double TheStopLoss=0;
  double TheTakeProfit=0;
  if( TotalOrdersCount()==0 ) 
  {
     int result=0;
     if((Ask<iBands(NULL,0,20,2,0,PRICE_OPEN,MODE_LOWER,0))&&(iCCI(NULL,0,14,PRICE_TYPICAL,2)<-150)&&(iRSI(NULL,0,12,PRICE_TYPICAL,2)<30)&&(iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_EMA,1,MODE_MAIN,2)>iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_EMA,1,MODE_SIGNAL,2))&&(iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_EMA,1,MODE_MAIN,2)<20)) // Here is your open buy rule
     {
        result=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,Slippage,0,0,"EA Generator www.ForexEAdvisor.com",MagicNumber,0,Blue);
        if(result>0)
        {
         TheStopLoss=0;
         TheTakeProfit=0;
         if(TakeProfit>0) TheTakeProfit=Ask+TakeProfit*MyPoint;
         if(StopLoss>0) TheStopLoss=Ask-StopLoss*MyPoint;
         OrderSelect(result,SELECT_BY_TICKET);
         OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),NormalizeDouble(TheStopLoss,Digits),NormalizeDouble(TheTakeProfit,Digits),0,Green);
        }
        return(0);
     }
     if((Bid>iBands(NULL,0,20,2,0,PRICE_OPEN,MODE_UPPER,0))&&(iCCI(NULL,0,14,PRICE_TYPICAL,2)>150)&&(iRSI(NULL,0,12,PRICE_TYPICAL,2)>70)&&(iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_EMA,1,MODE_MAIN,2)<iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_EMA,1,MODE_SIGNAL,2))&&(iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_EMA,1,MODE_MAIN,2)>80)) // Here is your open Sell rule
     {
        result=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,Slippage,0,0,"EA Generator www.ForexEAdvisor.com",MagicNumber,0,Red);
        if(result>0)
        {
         TheStopLoss=0;
         TheTakeProfit=0;
         if(TakeProfit>0) TheTakeProfit=Bid-TakeProfit*MyPoint;
         if(StopLoss>0) TheStopLoss=Bid+StopLoss*MyPoint;
         OrderSelect(result,SELECT_BY_TICKET);
         OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),NormalizeDouble(TheStopLoss,Digits),NormalizeDouble(TheTakeProfit,Digits),0,Green);
        }
        return(0);
     }
  }

for(int cnt=0;cnt<OrdersTotal();cnt++)
     {
      OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);
      if(OrderType()<=OP_SELL &&   
         OrderSymbol()==Symbol() &&
         OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber 
         )  
        {
         if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)  
           {
              if((Bid>iMA(NULL,0,9,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0))) //here is your close buy rule
              {
                   OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),OrderClosePrice(),Slippage,Red);
              }
            if(TrailingStop>0)  
              {                 
               if(Bid-OrderOpenPrice()>MyPoint*TrailingStop)
                 {
                  if(OrderStopLoss()<Bid-MyPoint*TrailingStop)
                    {
                     OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),Bid-TrailingStop*MyPoint,OrderTakeProfit(),0,Green);
                     return(0);
                    }
                 }
              }
           }
         else 
           {
                if((Ask<iMA(NULL,0,9,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0))) // here is your close sell rule
                {
                   OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),OrderClosePrice(),Slippage,Red);
                }
            if(TrailingStop>0)  
              {                 
               if((OrderOpenPrice()-Ask)>(MyPoint*TrailingStop))
                 {
                  if((OrderStopLoss()>(Ask+MyPoint*TrailingStop)) || (OrderStopLoss()==0))
                    {
                     OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),Ask+MyPoint*TrailingStop,OrderTakeProfit(),0,Red);
                     return(0);
                    }
                 }
              }
           }
        }
     }
   return(0);
}

int TotalOrdersCount()
{
  int result=0;
  for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++)
  {
     OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS ,MODE_TRADES);
     if (OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber) result++;

}
  return (result);
}

Kevin Svoboda: Recently I found a website called forexeadvisor.com which creates the code for a custom ea. I put in all the parameters for the indicators I use while manual trading, as I would like to automate this process. After compiling the code, it came back with a few warnings and made 0 trades. Was wondering if anyone knew why this happened.

Here is the code-

Unfortunately, most EA builders/generators, like ForexEAdivisor produce very bad and outdated code with little or no verification of conditions or of error management.

There are just too many bugs, errors, logic problems and overall functionality flaws to actually list. Even if we did explain all the flaws, you have no knowledge of coding to be able to understand what is explained and then for you to fix on your own.

If you really want to learn to code, it is best that you study the documentation as well as the many examples provided by both MetaQuotes as well as other users in the CodeBase section and come here on the forum with specific queries about problems you encounter as you develop your coding skills.

If you don't want to learn coding then you can always hire someone to do it for you in the Freelance section.

Reason: