just got a new laptop. loaded MQL5. how do I 'log-in' or 'import' my demo account?

gprops:
just got a new laptop. loaded MQL5. how do I 'log-in' or 'import' my JAFX-demo account?

Your MQL5 account (you are using this account/profile when you are posting on the forum) and your trading accounts (demo or live) are completely different accounts (those accounts are not connected with each other).

In your case - if you did not store the login/pass to demo account (to be uses for new laptop), so create the other demo account (you can create many demo accounts - as many as you want for many brokers using just one Metatrader instance) - for example:

----------------

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Start with Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2017.03.28 08:27

As many people are asking about "How to open account with MT5" and "How to add the broker to MT5" so I want to remind the following links:

MetaTrader 5 HelpOpen an Account

MetaTrader 5 Android OS HelpOpening a Demo Account 

MetaTrader 5 iPhone/iPad Help - Connecting to an Account and Opening a Demo Account 

-----------------

Simplified way to request a real account in MetaTrader 5 Android 

-----------------

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

how do i get set up from here

Sergey Golubev, 2017.01.09 05:52

Find a Server by the Broker's Name

Another convenient new feature of MetaTrader 5 is adding brokers' servers by their names. With the previous version, you had to contact your broker to find out the IP address of the trade server or download a special client terminal. Now, you simply enter the name of the broker. The system automatically finds the server with the specified name and adds it to the list.

Reason: