what does interpolate mean what does it do?

Good day all

In the attached indicator, there is a function called interpolate, i've seen it in many other indicators as well

Can someone please explain what does it mean and what its function is? The indicator prints arrows and then they disappear, is this happening because interpolation is true? And if i turn interpolate off, will the arrows not disappear once printed?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Files:

ahmedk:

Good day all

In the attached indicator, there is a function called interpolate, i've seen it in many other indicators as well

Can someone please explain what does it mean and what its function is? The indicator prints arrows and then they disappear, is this happening because interpolation is true? And if i turn interpolate off, will the arrows not disappear once printed?

Change the time frame to higher time frame

Set the interpolate to true - check the displayed way

Set the interpolate to false - check the displayed way

That is what interpolation (which is, btw, liner interpolation) does. It woks only when you are in MTF mode

Mladen Rakic:

Change the time frame to higher time frame

Set the interpolate to true - check the displayed way

Set the interpolate to false - check the displayed way

That is what interpolation (which is, btw, liner interpolation) does. It woks only when you are in MTF mode

So i add to indi to a chart, leave interpolate on, once an arrow appears, i change the timeframe to higher tf, turn interpolation off and see if the arrow disappears?

Is that what you mean?

So i leave it turned off, and just stay in one tie frame, the arrows wont recalculate and wont disappear?

ahmedk:

So i add to indi to a chart, leave interpolate on, once an arrow appears, i change the timeframe to higher tf, turn interpolation off and see if the arrow disappears?

Is that what you mean?

So i leave it turned off, and just stay in one tie frame, the arrows wont recalculate and wont disappear?

NO! In simple terms, to "interpolate" is to simply "connect the dots" ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_interpolation

Linear interpolation - Wikipedia
Linear interpolation - Wikipedia
  • en.wikipedia.org
In mathematics, linear interpolation is a method of curve fitting using linear polynomials to construct new data points within the range of a discrete set of known data points. In this geometric visualisation, the value at the green circle multiplied by the horizontal distance between the red and blue circles is equal to the sum of the value...

ahmedk:

Good day all

ahmedk:

Good day all

Aside from the interpolation topic,the arrowing issue coming from current bar arrowing,that needs to be extended as "first bar" option,then the version you posted is of Mladen code from TSD days,originally with this name "CCI stochastic & arrows" - somebody removed coryright and link property from

better to use any of latest ver of Mladen for to avoid arrow disappearing matter,there are plenty of

ahmedk:

Good day all

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank yo

If your mtf indicator (example moving average) is for example based on a 15min timeframe and you view it on a 1min timeframe, with interpolate on it will be curved, with interpolate off, it will be stepped for each 15min time sample on your 1min.  

Reason: