freelancer is selling my idea

hi

I recently posted a job for freelancers. One of the freelancers i was screening told me that he would sell my idea on his own if i don't chose him. How can i report him?

thanks

Report abuse, you can see it on the top of your conversation box

stohm070:

hi

I recently posted a job for freelancers. One of the freelancers i was screening told me that he would sell my idea on his own if i don't chose him. How can i report him?

thanks

This is bad and unethical. The developer should be banned and I hope that the service desk will actually follow up on this.

I imagine that the developer is very new with very few jobs completed.

stohm070:

hi

thanks

Selling idea?
There are many billions ideas, but those ideas are nothing without proper testing (manual trading from few days to few month) and proper coding.
Besides, I remember the case when two coders were creating EA based on one fully elaborated idea (based on manual trading system), and they created different EAs ...

So, raw idea can not be sold ... fully elaborated manual trading system with good trading results (not backtesting; but trading on demo or real) - yes, it may be sold ...

--------------------

I mean:

• if you share raw idea to the public so - it can not be sold (no one will buy);
  • if you share manual trading system with your trading results (yes, trading results - on demo or real; not just a good looking chart with indicators) - yes, it may be sold.
It depends on what you shared ...

Seems, that freelancer is not professional guy ...

Sergey Golubev:

Selling idea?
There are many billions ideas, but those ideas are nothing without proper testing (manual trading from few days to few month) and proper coding.
Besides, I remember the case when two coders were creating EA based on one fully elaborated idea (based on manual trading system), and they created different EAs ...

So, raw idea can not be sold ... fully elaborated manual trading system with good trading results (not backtesting; but trading on demo or real) - yes, it may be sold ...

--------------------

I mean:

• if you share raw idea to the public so - it can not be sold (no one will buy);
  • if you share manual trading system with your trading results (yes, trading results - on demo or real; not just a good looking chart with indicators) - yes, it may be sold.
It depends on what you shared ...

Seems, that freelancer is not professional guy ...

And name of this EA is Mandarine EA (it was uploaded to this forum ... we can use search to find).
One version was based on digital filters (which was coded to be inside EA without icustom), and the other version is simple one ... and two completely different EAs based on one manual trading system (based on one logic).

So, if you share one elaborated idea to the public - 

• one coder may create one EA;
  • the other coder may create different EA;
  • next coder may create completely different EA;
  • and so on ...

So, do not worry about if someone told you "I will sell your idea" ...
To sell idea -

• he will need to trade it manually (not backtest) up to few months every day, 
  • improve the indicators, 
  • create pdf file with the instruction about how to trade, 
  • create website,
  • promote his website,
  • spend many weeks/months in facebook/twitter etc for promotion
  • and so on.

------------------

So, he is going to sell your idea?
Tell him "good luck".
because in the end of this story (after he invested a lot of money to sell) - you can easy say: "hey guys, it is my idea ...", and his potential clients will be yours :)

Reason: