Copying a Signal, what size my account shall have?!

Hi,

I am new to trading and want to copy a signal.

My question is: If I have 100$ on my account, and the signal deliverer has lets say 1000$, will then all transactions be copied in a percentage alloquate way?!

Mean, if his trade size is 0.1 lot, will mine be then 0.01?!

What if a size that the signal provider is trading cannot be transformed into my trading account size?!

My minimum trade size is 0.01 lots, this is 1/1000 of my account.

What if he trades with a lot size, which means only 0.1/1000 of his account (or 1/10000)?! My traded size on account then should be only 0.001 lots, which is not achievable.

Waldemar_MQL:

Hi,

I am new to trading and want to copy a signal.

My question is: If I have 100$ on my account, and the signal deliverer has lets say 1000$, will then all transactions be copied in a percentage alloquate way?!

Mean, if his trade size is 0.1 lot, will mine be then 0.01?!

What if a size that the signal provider is trading cannot be transformed into my trading account size?!

My minimum trade size is 0.01 lots, this is 1/1000 of my account.

What if he trades with a lot size, which means only 0.1/1000 of his account (or 1/10000)?! My traded size on account then should be only 0.001 lots, which is not achievable.

The copying ratio is calculated automatically by MQL5 signal system. Ratio is based on balances and leverages and yes, it will be proportional to your account.

Have in mind though, that the ratio after 10% is rounded down to the lower 5th, so if your correct ratio is 12% you will see 10%, if your ratio is 19% you will see 15% etc.

The lot size is always round down, if the correct ratio cannot be applied.

If the lot size is lower than 0.01, its always applied with the minimum possible, which is 0.01.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The copying ratio is calculated automatically by MQL5 signal system. Ratio is based on balances and leverages and yes, it will be proportional to your account.

Have in mind though, that the ratio after 10% is rounded down to the lower 5th, so if your correct ratio is 12% you will see 10%, if your ratio is 19% you will see 15% etc.

The lot size is always round down, if the correct ratio cannot be applied.

If the lot size is lower than 0.01, its always applied with the minimum possible, which is 0.01.

Thank you for the answer.

So trading will always be executed, even if 0.01 lot size on my account (in %) is much higher than on signal deliverers...

Waldemar_MQL:

Thank you for the answer.

So trading will always be executed, even if 0.01 lot size on my account in % is much higher than on signal deliverers...

Yes, thats why you should avoid situations that will expose your account to a much larger risk than it should.

Hi Eleni,

I want to deposit around two times a signal. The size of the lots in my account will multiple by 2?

And I want to maintain all the profits in the accounts to increase my first deposit. The lote size will multiple to get the exactly rate of profit of your account each next month and I can get the compound interest effect?

Best

Luciano Mattar:

Hi Eleni,

I want to deposit around two times a signal. The size of the lots in my account will multiple by 2?

And I want to maintain all the profits in the accounts to increase my first deposit. The lote size will multiple to get the exactly rate of profit of your account each next month and I can get the compound interest effect?

Best

Yes the lot size is copied proportionally to your account's balance, currency and leverage.

Reason: