how to get indicator current value ???

Hello .

Who knows is there any way to determine an indicator Current value in for example window number #2 , without knowing the indicator name or type?

Morteza Ahmadifar:

Hello .

Who knows is there any way to determine an indicator Current value in for example window number #2 , without knowing the indicator name or type?

Look in the data window?

Morteza Ahmadifar:

Hello .

Please let me know which indicator are you taking about? Give example for clarification. Is it a custom indicator or any in build indicator?

jaffer wilson:

Please let me know which indicator are you taking about? Give example for clarification. Is it a custom indicator or any in build indicator?

Actually i am seeking for a way that can get the indicator value regarding its type or name. a program line that can retrieve the indicator value which is shown in the data window, is appreciated and fruitful.

Morteza Ahmadifar:

Actually i am seeking for a way that can get the indicator value regarding its type or name. a program line that can retrieve the indicator value which is shown in the data window, is appreciated and fruitful.

You cannot retrieve data without knowing the indicator name.

How can you even have it on your chart if you don't know its name??

Keith Watford:

You cannot retrieve data without knowing the indicator name.

How can you even have it on your chart if you don't know its name??

NO, no . we have it in our chart , but i do not want to use indicator format retrieving. I am looking for a way to work for all indicators added to chart.

Morteza Ahmadifar:

NO, no . we have it in our chart , but i do not want to use indicator format retrieving. I am looking for a way to work for all indicators added to chart.

How would that be useful? You need to know which indicator you are getting data from and what data buffer.

Keith Watford:

How would that be useful? You need to know which indicator you are getting data from and what data buffer.

so you mean it is not possible? it can be useful when you are retrieving data from chart's indicator all in same way. and maybe custom indicators.

Though I could not find any ways too.

Morteza Ahmadifar:

so you mean it is not possible? it can be useful when you are retrieving data from chart's indicator all in same way. and maybe custom indicators.

I'm not saying that it is not possible, maybe somebody knows how to do it. What I am saying is "what is the point?"

You need to know what indicator the data came from to know how to use that data.

Would you use the data from buffer 0 from ADX in exactly the same as buffer 0 from an RSI?

Morteza Ahmadifar:

You can only get indicator value through custom indicator and make it display within a label on your chart.

Keith Watford:

I'm not saying that it is not possible, maybe somebody knows how to do it. What I am saying is "what is the point?"

You need to know what indicator the data came from to know how to use that data.

Would you use the data from buffer 0 from ADX in exactly the same as buffer 0 from an RSI?

You are so clever. Actually i am working on a project that it just analyse the data and as you said (same way for RSI and MACD etc...) it just retrieve  data based on indicator window number.

it is some how an artificial intelligence and it has a memory on each indicator no matter what is it about. 

i am trying to write it nevertheless if i can not find any ways for this so i have to use each indicator retrieving format and write a line for each indicator. 

It makes it hard but i have to do it. 

Reason: