Need help to understand this indicator

I found this indicator and I want to make an EA of it but I'm stuck at one value. No, I don't have the source code, otherwise I wouldn't need your help.

If you attach this to any chart, you will have 2 horizontal lines (usually the same value in positive and negative). I need to know how these 2 values are calculated.

I can get the red/blue and the signal values, but I cannot get these 2 levels, so the EA cannot tell when they are crossed. These levels are somehow related to the overbought/oversold price but I cannot figure out how.

Any ideas?

Files:

groover:

I found this indicator and I want to make an EA of it but I'm stuck at one value. No, I don't have the source code, otherwise I wouldn't need your help.

If you attach this to any chart, you will have 2 horizontal lines (usually the same value in positive and negative). I need to know how these 2 values are calculated.

I can get the red/blue and the signal values, but I cannot get these 2 levels, so the EA cannot tell when they are crossed. These levels are somehow related to the overbought/oversold price but I cannot figure out how.

Why do you need to know how it works ? just use iCustom to get the data from the Indicator.

RaptorUK:
Why do you need to know how it works ? just use iCustom to get the data from the Indicator.

with iCustom() I can only get the red/blue bars and the signal value, not the horizontal lines values, so I cannot tell when they are crossed. Those values are calculated for each pair on each timeframe differently

groover:

with iCustom() I can only get the red/blue bars and the signal value, not the horizontal lines values, so I cannot tell when they are crossed. Those values are calculated for each pair on each timeframe differently
If they are horizontal line Objects add the Indicator to the char that the EA is running on and you can get the Object properties . . . Done.

RaptorUK:
If they are horizontal line Objects add the Indicator to the char that the EA is running on and you can get the Object properties . . . Done.

tried it, ObjectsTotal() returns 0.

groover:

tried it, ObjectsTotal() returns 0.

Your Indicator crashes my Terminal . . . do you have it in your Terminal with the correct name ? FxCOGMaster.ex4 ?

Please post a screen grab showing the horizontal lines.

FxCOGMasterH.ex4 (H at the end)

I attached the whole zip to be sure.

Files:
fxcogmaster.zip  467 kb

groover:

FxCOGMasterH.ex4 (H at the end)

I attached the whole zip to be sure.

Ah . . . the Levels.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/146464

I don't think it can be done in standard mql4 . . . I understand why you need it as it is set by the Indicator and is not a fixed value. Perhaps you could contact the supplier of this Indicator and ask how the levels are calculated so you can reproduce the calculation in your EA.

RaptorUK:

Ah . . . the Levels.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/146464

I don't think it can be done in standard mql4 . . . I understand why you need it as it is set by the Indicator and is not a fixed value. Perhaps you could contact the supplier of this Indicator and ask how the levels are calculated so you can reproduce the calculation in your EA.

Too bad :( anyway, thanks for your help! Although I'm wondering why it can't be done, because it is calculated in MQL, compiled, then it can be read by the Terminal and displayed in a readable format...being unable to read it in MQL (where it originally came from) makes no sense to me when all the other objects and values can be grabbed...

Is MQL5 any different?

groover:

Too bad :( anyway, thanks for your help! Although I'm wondering why it can't be done, because it is calculated in MQL, compiled, then it can be read by the Terminal and displayed in a readable format...being unable to read it in MQL (where it originally came from) makes no sense to me when all the other objects and values can be grabbed...

Is MQL5 any different?

If you had coded the indicator you would know how you arrived at those levels so you could add that code to your EA so there would be no need to be able to get the levels. If an professional developer wanted to give you those levels they would be made available via Objects, buffers, GlobalVariables, file, etc . . . I guess MetaQuotes didn't foresee the need to be able to get the levels.

As far as I can see the situation is no better in mql5.

groover:

Is MQL5 any different?

No, that can't be done in mql5 neither.
Reason: