Are mql signals working with new european regulation (ESMA)?

My broker (Pepperstone uk) had to comply with the new european regulation, so had to define new symbols for professional and non-professional traders.

A professional trader for instance would have EURUSD.p

while a non-professional trader would have EURUSD.r

So I have a huge doubt that traders who have a broker like Pepperstone UK can use signals:

- if they follow a signal how can they copy signals of traders that do not know EURUSD.p (or .r)?

- if they offer a signal how can their customers copy trades if they do not know EURUSD.p (or .r)?

I asked to Pepperstone UK, and they told me to ask to mql5...

Can somebody help me to better understand?

thanks!

Fabio De Gaetano:

My broker (Pepperstone uk) had to comply with the new european regulation, so had to define new symbols for professional and non-professional traders.

A professional trader for instance would have EURUSD.p

while a non-professional trader would have EURUSD.r

So I have a huge doubt that traders who have a broker like Pepperstone UK can use signals:

- if they follow a signal how can they copy signals of traders that do not know EURUSD.p (or .r)?

- if they offer a signal how can their customers copy trades if they do not know EURUSD.p (or .r)?

I asked to Pepperstone UK, and they told me to ask to mql5...

Can somebody help me to better understand?

thanks!

The MQL5 system can usually map these suffixes when it comes to signal copying, but this is not always the case.

You have to try and see if it works.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The MQL5 system can usually map these suffixes when it comes to signal copying, but this is not always the case.

Thanks, I hope you are right

Reason: