metatrader feature

hi everyone,

First, sorry for my english

I have a little problem. I want to send alert price on my phone (mt4 apps) in creating my price alert on my computer. I can send a alert without problem when metatrader 4 on my computer is turn on (I put my MetaQuotesID...it s work).

The problem is when metatrader 4 software (on my computer) is turn off, is closed. I receive no notification. I receive all my notifications (about alert price) in same time when I turn on again metatrader 4 on my computer.

I don t understant the origin of the problem. Cause I can set "buy limit and sell limit" without problem. This orders are taken even if my computer is closed and I can follow one on my phone.

I precise that I use demo version.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

What do you mean with "The problem is when Metatrader 4 software (on my computer) is turn off, is closed."?

1. MT4 is still running?
  2. The program (either Expert Advisor or indicator) is still running?
  3. If 1 and 2 is true what do you close?
  4. If one of 1 or 2 is false you won't get anything.

Hi,

I mean that if my computer is switch off, I can t receive notification on my mt4 apps.

I can receive notification on mt4 apps only when mt4 is opened on my computer.

I don t understand why the notification doesn t work when my computer is switch off cause the buy limit and sell limit work even if my computer is switch off.

I don t want to leave my computer on, I just need to receive an alert when the price is close to my level.

tomtom1379:

Hi,

I mean that if my computer is switch off, I can t receive notification on my mt4 apps.

I can receive notification on mt4 apps only when mt4 is opened on my computer.

I don t understand why the notification doesn t work when my computer is switch off cause the buy limit and sell limit work even if my computer is switch off.

I don t want to leave my computer on, I just need to receive an alert when the price is close to my level.

Lets follow the steps in logic ...

What or who generates the notifications?

Obviously not the broker! The application MetaTrader itself generates the basic stuff (or an EA running on it for more complex stuff).

So what happens if I stop MetaTrader (or the EA)?

Obviously, notifications stop!

What is the solution?

Never close down MetaTrader (or the EA)!

But I need to shutdown my PC! How do others do it?

We use a VPS so that MetaTrader runs 24/7.

Ok I see. Thanks 
Reason: