Virtual Hosting issue

Hello,

I have an expert advisor I have written and it seems to work great. I've switched it to run on a rented virtual hosting server (from mt5) and it entered the position fine. However, when it came to close the position, the EA on the virtual hosting did not close it. The experts tab on the terminal was trying to close the position (but autotrading was disabled as it was enabled on the virtual machine). Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I use the CTrade Trade.PositionClose(Symbol) to close the trade. (Not sure if this is important information or not!)

Cheers, Will

w_kitching:

Hello,

I have an expert advisor I have written and it seems to work great. I've switched it to run on a rented virtual hosting server (from mt5) and it entered the position fine. However, when it came to close the position, the EA on the virtual hosting did not close it. The experts tab on the terminal was trying to close the position (but autotrading was disabled as it was enabled on the virtual machine). Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I use the CTrade Trade.PositionClose(Symbol) to close the trade. (Not sure if this is important information or not!)

Cheers, Will

If it is related to coding so I have no idea (someone will reply as I am not a coder).

As to MQL5 VPS for Metatrader 4/Metatrader 5 - so yes: autotrading on this VPS is always ON irrespective off - you enable it or not on your local PC.
And MQL5 VPS Metatrader is the copy of your Metatrader when synchronized (your metatrader in cloud).

So, if you synchronize it so it should work to be same with your PC for example.

That is why Im confused because it should work the same as an EA on the terminal, which is working fine.

w_kitching:

That is why Im confused because it should work the same as an EA on the terminal, which is working fine.

If it is working fine on your local PC so you can make a synchronization once again (means: send everything "which is working fine" incl EA, settings, chart etc).

May be - you changed something on your PC and did not send those changes to the VPS ...

---------------

Synchronize - 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/211508 

How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS?
How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS?
  • www.mql5.com
Dear All, I just rented my first VPS from MQL5 via my MT4 platform today...

I will try that. I will have to wait for another signal, hopefully there will be another today! 

I still do not think this is the reason though, the position close has always worked fine on the terminal EA

hi ive rented a vps and now am struggling to launge it on my trading acc please help

Sergey Golubev:

If it is working fine on your local PC so you can make a synchronization once again (means: send everything "which is working fine" incl EA, settings, chart etc).

May be - you changed something on your PC and did not send those changes to the VPS ...

---------------

Synchronize - 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/211508 

I did just that and it now works a treat! Thank you for your help!
Reason: