Indicators: Hodrick Prescott Indicator

Hodrick Prescott Indicator:

MA-like indicator based on Hodrick Prescott Filter

Author: rob

Very interesting MA type indicator. Is there are a feature to shift the line into the future. E.g. shift = 8 - the current line is shifted 8 bars into the future.

zenoni:

Very interesting MA type indicator. Is there are a feature to shift the line into the future. E.g. shift = 8 - the current line is shifted 8 bars into the future.

No only HPF is desplayed in the future. By setting delay<0 the line will be based on future values of HPF.

HP Ma,Singular spectrum analysis are all for'' discrete trading''

geordie:

HP Ma,Singular spectrum analysis are all for'' discrete trading''

The HPMA here isn't the HPF, it's HPF sampling, so the point with HPMA is to visualise how the market progressed in comparison to what HPF suggested

Are you used this indicator in trading ? It seems promising but I cannot figure out how to use it in trading or how to take advantage of the indicator.

Hi,

The indicator I find very interesting, but I think it a failure, when added to a graph is sometimes not display anything, you confirm? Thanks

ankero:

Hi,

The indicator I find very interesting, but I think it a failure, when added to a graph is sometimes not display anything, you confirm? Thanks

I haven't noticed this kind of behaviour, if you can be more specific gining a repoducible example I can look into it. Of course when restarting MT4 with the indicator preloaded it want paint itself till a new bar is formed, this behaviour can be changed by setting repaint extern to true at the cost of CPU time.

zenoni:

Are you used this indicator in trading ? It seems promising but I cannot figure out how to use it in trading or how to take advantage of the indicator.

It can be used in trend following systems as trend indicator. The bands can be used in counter-trend and breakout systems. The HPF can be used in systems using CoG. You name it.

hi,

On the above example, the Olive colour MA is pointing down. Can it be said that the trend is down? Have you used the software on 30min? what can you say is the best way to make good use of the indicator? i mean in reading and what it implies as to the interpretations? 

Thank you and great minds like you, in trying to make forex an easier place to make money.

Blesings,

Emma

emmauk:

hi,

On the above example, the Olive colour MA is pointing down. Can it be said that the trend is down? Have you used the software on 30min? what can you say is the best way to make good use of the indicator? i mean in reading and what it implies as to the interpretations? 

Thank you and great minds like you, in trying to make forex an easier place to make money.

Blesings,

Emma

No, the trend is up but HPF future bars indicate a possible retracement. It can be used in any TF even you can have multiple TFs in a single chart. The interpretation is up to you.

Reason: