• Join us

Margin calculation modes

To add comments, please log in or register
Code2219 or 2319
Code2219 or 2319  

Since the EA i'm writing will be used only on forex pairs, should I check the SymbolInfoInteger(SYMBOL_TRADE_CALC_MODE) ?
1. is this SymbolInfoInteger(SYMBOL_TRADE_CALC_MODE), a reliable checkup to be sure if EA is activated on a forex pair (and not on OIL and other stuff) ?

and I have added the following (limiting the max leverage usage) to my code :

// FIN_LOT calculated here.... (is position volume)
// ACC_LEVERAGE : max leverage allowed by account (e.g 100)
// LEVERAGE_CAP based on user input (e.g : 33)
// bla bla bla

double REQ_MARGIN_1_LOT = 0; // required margin for 1 lot

if(Signal_Direction==1) OrderCalcMargin(ORDER_TYPE_BUY, _Symbol, 1, CurrPrice.ask, REQ_MARGIN_1_LOT);
else OrderCalcMargin(ORDER_TYPE_SELL, _Symbol, 1, CurrPrice.bid, REQ_MARGIN_1_LOT);

// checking failures... and then :

if((FIN_LOT*REQ_MARGIN_1_LOT*ACC_LEVERAGE/FREE_MARGIN > LEVERAGE_CAP)
        FIN_LOT = (FREE_MARGIN*LEVERAGE_CAP)/(REQ_MARGIN_1_LOT*ACC_LEVERAGE);
Now, it does the job, but

2. is this calculation limited to SYMBOL_CALC_MODE_FOREX only ? (is this the variable I should check before using the above code ?)
and, if someone knows of a broker with SYMBOL_CALC_MODE_FOREX_NO_LEVERAGE mode, which i can do some tests on its demo accounts, it will be great.

thanks.
Nelson Wanyama
Nelson Wanyama  
Code2219 or 2319:

Since the EA i'm writing will be used only on forex pairs, should I check the SymbolInfoInteger(SYMBOL_TRADE_CALC_MODE) ?
1. is this SymbolInfoInteger(SYMBOL_TRADE_CALC_MODE), a reliable checkup to be sure if EA is activated on a forex pair (and not on OIL and other stuff) ?

and I have added the following (limiting the max leverage usage) to my code :

Now, it does the job, but

2. is this calculation limited to SYMBOL_CALC_MODE_FOREX only ? (is this the variable I should check before using the above code ?)
and, if someone knows of a broker with SYMBOL_CALC_MODE_FOREX_NO_LEVERAGE mode, which i can do some tests on its demo accounts, it will be great.

thanks.

An answer to this coulda helped.

To add comments, please log in or register