Experts: Virtual Trailing Stop - page 5

these are the parameters used 
Files:

Mehbob Ayub :
these are the parameters used 

The SELL position was opened at a price of 1.40201. The current price is 1.40168. The difference is 0.00033 -> that is, only 3 POINTS. You set a Stop Loss of 30 POINTS. And you also set 30 POINTS + 10 POINTS trelling.

Correct your mistakes.

Vladimir Karputov:

The SELL position was opened at a price of 1.40201. The current price is 1.40168. The difference is 0.00033 -> that is, only 3 POINTS. You set a Stop Loss of 30 POINTS. And you also set 30 POINTS + 10 POINTS trelling.

Correct your mistakes.

please guide a little on how to set parameters. will be gratefull to you 

give any example

Is it possible to have a hard stop placed manually, just in case something goes wrong with the indicator? For example:

beto_gauer :
Is it possible to have a hard stop placed manually, just in case something goes wrong with the indicator? For example:

You can always manually do whatever you want.

Vladimir Karputov:

You can always manually do whatever you want.

Hi , that is not what I asked...

I want to know if I can leave a hard stop and when I activate the virtual trailing stop it won´t cancel my real hard stop, as I don´t trust 100% in EAs and also the connection might go down while I am away from the computer.

beto_gauer :

Hi , that is not what I asked...

I want to know if I can leave a hard stop and when I activate the virtual trailing stop it won´t cancel my real hard stop, as I don´t trust 100% in EAs and also the connection might go down while I am away from the computer.

This can be done, but then the meaning will be lost - it will no longer be a virtual stop loss.

Vladimir Karputov:

This can be done, but then the meaning will be lost - it will no longer be a virtual stop loss.

Ah ok good, thanks for replying.

I am trying to understand the trail step parameter.

I don´t see why I would need this parameter as I have the trailing length and I have the minimum profit to start the stop loss.

OK. Let´s say my target is at 100 and we are at 20. I set the trailing stop to start at 80  with a trailing length of 15. Ok so price reaches 80 and activate the trailing stop, so the stop now is at 65. If price moves 15 pip against me it takes me out, if it moves 15 pips in my favor, price will be at 95 now and stop will move to 80 to keep the 15 stop length.

Where the trailing step would come into play here in this scenario?

beto_gauer :

Ah ok good, thanks for replying.

I am trying to understand the trail step parameter.

I don´t see why I would need this parameter as I have the trailing length and I have the minimum profit to start the stop loss.

OK. Let´s say my target is at 100 and we are at 20. I set the trailing stop to start at 80  with a trailing length of 15. Ok so price reaches 80 and activate the trailing stop, so the stop now is at 65. If price moves 15 pip against me it takes me out, if it moves 15 pips in my favor, price will be at 95 now and stop will move to 80 to keep the 15 stop length.

Where the trailing step would come into play here in this scenario?

Trailing always has two parameters: Stop and Step.

Perhaps a modified version will suit you: Virtual Trailing Stop 2
Virtual Trailing Stop 2
Virtual Trailing Stop 2
  • www.mql5.com
Доработка первой версии
Reason: