Reducing RAM - page 2

MikeT:

Thanx Alain...

I don't really need coding help... I was just wondering if anyone could help put me in the right direction as to how to put an Indicator into an #Include file... Ummm... not really sure what else to say... My 2 indicators at the bottom of my GUI are really loading things up... and their information is already captured withing the code... so they are just there as "Window dressing" I guess.... I was just wondering if I could get them to draw the same variables from within my code as to "Calling" all the indicators again... if that makes sense...

You asked for help about a memory issue, then you talk about "too much power". That's not the same things. Anyway that's a coding problem without any doubt.

Include file is for sharing code I think, it won't share memory or calculations. It would probably be better to combine everything in a single executable, that would mean drawing everything in a single window. Using one CCanvas instead of multiple edits for every element might be helpful.

You're talking about multiple experts, indicators, etc. consuming memory by performing the same calculations and holding the same large data sets in ram? If I've understood your problem correctly and you don't mind taking a hit on execution speed, you could create one program that does all the calculations and caches results to shared memory (virtual file), then have the other programs read what they need from the cache. A quick search on shared memory and virtual files turned up an article here, but I don't have your problem so I'm not reading the whole thing to see if it's good. https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/19
Data Exchange between Indicators: It's Easy
Data Exchange between Indicators: It's Easy
  • www.mql5.com
Why we appreciate newbies, is because they are stubbornly unwilling to use search, and there are many topics like "FAQ", "For newbies" or "The one who asks a question from this list, will burn in hell". Their true mission is to ask questions, like "How to...", "Is it possible to..." and often get answers like "No", "It's impossible". The...

Matthew Colter:
You're talking about multiple experts, indicators, etc. consuming memory by performing the same calculations and holding the same large data sets in ram? If I've understood your problem correctly and you don't mind taking a hit on execution speed, you could create one program that does all the calculations and caches results to shared memory (virtual file), then have the other programs read what they need from the cache. A quick search on shared memory and virtual files turned up an article here, but I don't have your problem so I'm not reading the whole thing to see if it's good. https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/19

That's an interesting angle... I'll look into it an post a response in case someone else has this issue...

Thanx Matt

Reason: