Can broker deny access to server's historic time-series/spread info? - page 2

nicholi shen:

No. That is not possible with mt4. 

Now we are on same page. If i were to work with current spreads, i could simply do Ask-Bid on current tick.

Mqlrates have the spread in it (MetaQuotes supports this functionality), but it doesn't work.

So, possibly brokers are denying access to it, as i headlined in the title. 

Yes, I agree with This .

Tusher Ahmed:

Now we are on same page. If i were to work with current spreads, i could simply do Ask-Bid on current tick.

Mqlrates have the spread in it (MetaQuotes supports this functionality), but it doesn't work.

So, possibly brokers are denying access to it, as i headlined in the title. 

Not at all. It's an MT5 feature, not available with MT4. The broker can't nothing about that. The only problem is it's not well documented, so people are trying to use it with MT4.

Under MT5, the spread value of MqlRates is the minimum spread of this bar. On Metaquotes world, the spread is always related to Ask-Bid, never to high-low or whatever.

Alain Verleyen:

Under MT5, the spread value of MqlRates is the minimum spread of this bar.

What a useless feature. 

Alain Verleyen:

Not at all. It's an MT5 feature, not available with MT4. The broker can't nothing about that. The only problem is it's not well documented, so people are trying to use it with MT4.

Under MT5, the spread value of MqlRates is the minimum spread of this bar. On Metaquotes world, the spread is always related to Ask-Bid, never to high-low or whatever.

So there's no way to get any idea of historical spreads of an instrument?

Here's a practical example of why/when it's needed soooo much:

My algo wants to know real spreads before placing a trade.  Suppose its working on  #Adidas (pricing for stocks is very exotic.... it looks like 17034.25). I can only get "current-spread" (Ask -Bid). In this way I can't get accurate spreads during weekends, because   bid/ask rates are abnormally swollen due to market being close.

I can't use  fixed number/points (as spread tolerance range) either!

Because this will break the code, as soon as I change instrument. (Ex. CAC40 looks like this : 12.56222 . There are many such instruments with exotic looking pricing)

It's quiet common requirement, I think. People don't wanna  scalp for 5 points if the instrument's spread is 2 points. This is why knowing exact/average spread of an instrument  is very important. Sure we can get it as (Ask-Bid), but it doesn't work during  weekend.

If anyone has any idea, please  let me know.

Reason: