Experts: CyberiaTrader - page 2

Zonker:
Some entertaining code in this one if you have an evening to kill:).

The essence of its trading logic is to look for reversals between pairs of bars. eg if in one bar close>open and in the next close<open thats a reversal. The assumption is that if there are multiple occurances of these in a given time frame its a sign the market is ranging rather than trending and you can trade on the swings. It runs various SMA type calculations on the size and number of reversals to decide whether to enter market and what stoplosses etc it should use.

The way it dynamically searches multiple modelling periods is the highlight in my opinion. I'm borrowing those ideas for my on code for sure;).

If you intend to use on real money, set variable "AutoLots" to "false" until you have worked out what it does.. either that or set the "Risk" variable much lower than the default of 0.5 (0.1 at most).

Quite generous to release to public really, although not much good without manual if you can't read code..

you r good code analyst :)

The code's definitely entertaining, though there's some obfuscation, if I'm not mistaken.

I quite like the idea of subsampling the MACD decision to 2^N days... that's quite clever; I didn't know you could choose variable time periods like that.
Tested this at 90% accuracy, with uncertain results - at first, it generated large losing trades, but then miraculously made a stream of winning trades to 'even out' things a bit.

All in all, a good read.

Hi Editor,

What values for each paramteres do you reccomend? For what forex instruments this EA is the best? I don't know mql4 (5 will be soon I think) best. Could you reply:

1/. what the best forex instruments will be for this ea?

2/. what values set for each parameter?

3/. what timeframe 5min or 30 min, 1 h ... ?

Regards,

Puncher

renoss:

You can fix it!  It makes 3-4 trades with a small profit;  Your EA closes these trades prematurely, then it makes one or two trades with a very high loss totaling 10 times all the profit made from the winning trades. Fix the winning trades to reap the highest profit possible each time from each trade.  When you achieve this,  your EA would be the best every produced.

Please let me know when you  fix it.  Email me at renoss@hotmail.con.

Thank you very much,

Regards

Renos

Well, the author is "dead", as I can see.

Anyway, try to test this system on next history: EUR/USD, 01-01-2000, m1

Surprise!

furious_angel:
Hello Openstorm,
would you answer some questions about this EA, please.
what time frame did you use above to run this back test? have you forward tested this?
dont you think that 24.93% modeling quality is rather low?
what in your opinon would be the best time frame to run this?
what pair do you suggest?
i mean you say to run this on a more stabile environment.. which pair do you consider that to be?
i assume that you had a pair in mind whne you designed this EA.
i have read some of the other posts on other forums about your EA and i thought i would come here to ask you some of these questions.
sorry for all the questions, but inquiring minds want to know =p
Thanks in advance,
Furious_angel

Modelling quality is a meaningless number. See article: http://mechanicalforex.com/2010/12/modeling-quality-in-metatrader-4-an-almost-meaningless-number.html

Also, see results one of my EAs: http://excel1exteriors.com/pdf/Example-01_M5.pdf

38% modelling quality with: 91% successful trades, 113 profit factor, and $40 absolute drawdown. EA turned $10,000 into $100,000 in just over 5-months.

newscope:

In real account it is not working or I can not manage to work it.

Can anyone help me?

furious_angel:

Hello Openstorm,
would you answer some questions about this EA, please.
what time frame did you use above to run this back test? have you forward tested this?
dont you think that 24.93% modeling quality is rather low?
what in your opinon would be the best time frame to run this?
what pair do you suggest?
i mean you say to run this on a more stabile environment.. which pair do you consider that to be?
i assume that you had a pair in mind whne you designed this EA.
i have read some of the other posts on other forums about your EA and i thought i would come here to ask you some of these questions.
sorry for all the questions, but inquiring minds want to know =p
Thanks in advance,
Furious_angel

Modelling quality is a meaningless number. See article: http://mechanicalforex.com/2010/12/modeling-quality-in-metatrader-4-an-almost-meaningless-number.html

Also, see results one of my EAs: http://excel1exteriors.com/pdf/Example-01_M5.pdf

38% modelling quality with: 91% successful trades, 113 profit factor, and $40 absolute drawdown. EA turned $10,000 into $100,000 in just over 5-months.

Great EA worked well on 4 digit but 5 digit giving a kind of different results, even after fixing the things for 5 digit brokers.

pankajbhaban:
Great EA worked well on 4 digit but 5 digit giving a kind of different results, even after fixing the things for 5 digit brokers.

hi! could you please state what kind of results are you getting? also, i'd like to put my hand on your version of the EA to see what changes you made, is that possible?

regards, alberto 

Eur Usd 1 min = loses money

Eur Usd 5 mins = loses money

Still testing on other times and currencies 

Reason: