Indicators: Schaff Trend Cycle - Jurik Volty Adaptive RSX

Schaff Trend Cycle - Jurik Volty Adaptive RSX:

RSX is one of the RSI/Momentum family based indicators that is suitable for adapting.

This indicator is a Schaff Trend Cycle that is using Jurik Volty Adaptive RSX for calculation. Default adapting period is kept rather long simply to make the effects of the adapting more noticeable.

Author: Mladen Rakic

When timeframe or the settings are changed, the indicator goes weird sometimes.

yunnon:
When timeframe or the settings are changed, the indicator goes weird sometimes.

That is due to very short periods that volty adapting produces in some market conditions

To prevent that change line 80 from this :

val[i]  = iRsi(iEma(price,FastEma,i,rates_total,0)-iEma(price,SlowEma,i,rates_total,1),RsiPeriod*iVoltyCoeff(price,AdaptivePeriod,i,rates_total),i,rates_total);

when it can produce something like this :

to this (as one possible solution) :

val[i] = iRsi(iEma(price,FastEma,i,rates_total,0)-iEma(price,SlowEma,i,rates_total,1),MathMax(RsiPeriod*iVoltyCoeff(price,AdaptivePeriod,i,rates_total),MathMax(RsiPeriod/4.0,1)),i,rates_total);

when it will produce something like this for same default parameters :

PS: I am not changing the original indicator. For one reason : in my opinion it should be shown in any code that is published all - the good but the bad too of something that is used. So, you can use the upper 'fix" but everybody should know that some methods are not "perfect" and that "fixes" like the upper one, are there to avoid some issues with some math models used in the calculations

Mladen Rakic:

That is due to very short periods that volty adapting produces in some market conditions

To prevent that change line 80 from this :

when it can produce something like this :

to this (as one possible solution) :

when it will produce something like this for same default parameters :

PS: I am not changing the original indicator. For one reason : in my opinion it should be shown in any code that is published all - the good but the bad too of something that is used. So, you can use the upper 'fix" but everybody should know that some methods are not "perfect" and that "fixes" like the upper one, are there to avoid some issues with some math models used in the calculations

Thank you for enlightening