Indicators: Index Dollar

Index Dollar:

The indicator draws the dollar index on the chart. The indicator is intended to simplify the charts analysis.

Author: John Smith

How are you trading this?

I have seen a comment on somebody wanting a symbol for the usd index. There are charts that supply this! It is brilliant as you can see when the dollar is getting stronger or weaker. If there was a symbol for all the currency index's analysis would be so much easier. I am sure there is!

Any way I just wanted to know how you trade this indicator? When do I go long USD or when do I go short? And against what pair??

Thank you!

Nice method, but this is not the DXY - the formula for DXY is: DXY = 50,14348112 x ((EURUSD)^–0,576) x ((USDJPY)^0,136) x ((GBPUSD)^–0,119) x ((USDCAD)^0,091) x ((USDSEK)^0,042) x ((USDCHF)^0,036). I have tested it against data downloaded from Brokers who supply dxy as well as the relevent pairs. I will post a custom indicator soon.

Andy

Andy T:

Nice method, but this is not the DXY - the formula for DXY is: DXY = 50,14348112 x ((EURUSD)^–0,576) x ((USDJPY)^0,136) x ((GBPUSD)^–0,119) x ((USDCAD)^0,091) x ((USDSEK)^0,042) x ((USDCHF)^0,036). I have tested it against data downloaded from Brokers who supply dxy as well as the relevent pairs. I will post a custom indicator soon.

Andy

Good day Mr Andy, I would like to ask you, is it possible that you post the famous DXY indicator which you have promise to post it here ;-) thanks

Reason: