explorer in win 10 won't open folder with .ex4 files

Hi,

So this has happened to me recently ... I cannot open a folder in Win10 using the Explorer if there is a .ex4 or .ex5 file in it.  Change the extension and all is fine.  I can still access the files via metaeditor if needed and compile ok, but to attempt to copy etc, no dice. 

Yes, I've updated Windows, ran Malwarebytes, ran antivirus, ran boot level antivirus, cleaned registry, defragged, scrubbed all useless files, cleared the Explorer history, re-installed MT4 plus half a dozen other "obvious" things as recommended online. It's the weirdest thing.

If someone has seen this and been through it before your help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Mark

I have the same problem, windows explorer crashing when opening a directory with ex4 or 5 file extensions. Anyone found MS OS solution or a MetaTrader build that fixes this problem.

has anyone figured this one out?

This worked for me I removed Metaviewer64.dll from system32 and boom. No other errors 

Elwin Sellers:

This worked for me I removed Metaviewer64.dll from system32 and boom. No other errors 

This worked for me too. 

Very Thanks! You saved my life! :D

Thanks, i will try to remove Metaviewer64.dll from system32..

Thank you so much. Im so glad I came across this thread. You are a lifesaver.

What does it open with?!?!

I'm being asked with a poor list like Notepad..... should it just run itself or what please?

Frank Thompson #:

What does it open with?!?!

I'm being asked with a poor list like Notepad..... should it just run itself or what please?

it is NOT supposed to open at all.

That's what I thought too... yet I'm unable to find the .dll file above.... any help would be appreciated please
Reason: