silly question...?

Am puttin final touches on my first mt5 EA when a funny error pops up. Someone correct me if am wrong but it seems under mt5 you pay your broker not only on deal entry but also when closing a position!! This was not the case with MT4 and goin forward this situation may work with some shorts especially if they are profitable. My question is if you open a long position and it is profitable big time (lets say with a 1:500 leverage broker), wouldn't attempting to close such a position defeat the purpose?
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Deal Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Deal Properties - Documentation on MQL5

That was discussed numerous times. You don't pay your broker in MT4 or MT5. The broker gets a spread that results from the Ask/Bid difference. It doesn't matter if it's MT4 or MT5, the spread depends solely on your broker. When you open a position (both in MT4 and MT5) it opens at (Market - Spread) price, which reduces your equity by Spread pips. When you close the position the loss from spread is applied to the balance.

by 'payin broker' I meant purchasin lots... so how often do we do this in mt5.

If this was discussed earlier am sorry. Please post the link.

ssn:
by 'payin broker' I meant purchasin lots... so how often do we do this in mt5.

If this was discussed earlier am sorry. Please post the link.
You purchase lots in MT5 the same way as in MT4.

I was able to resolve this. My error stemmed from closing positions incorrectly. Thx...
Reason: