new forex strategy needs testing - page 2

محمد البياتي:

for example, if the 2nd trade hit's TP 60 with 0.02 lot , which equals 120 pip of 0.01 lot , minus the lose if 90 pip of BUY trade, it will be 30 pip profit, same for the others, that's how I imagined it, one thing is making me worried is the Spread, it it's calculated well the trades maybe after the 3rd trade will be no profit or further lose. maximum trades will be 8 only, if crossed then it's a lose, maybe about 600 pip lose I think, but I don't think it will reach the 8th trade. we just want to exit with 30 pip profit without determining the spread for now.

Whatever the spread can be included. Likely it's just remain to code it :) What do you wait ?

Feel free to consult that thread also, we're about 5 ppl working on hedging systems since few months, it may helps : 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Hedge saved you, who will save Hedge ?

Icham Aidibe, 2018.02.16 11:05

Hi,

I was "playing" with hedging to explore possibilities : it's very tempting, since it allows purely & simply to recover from a bad position taken. 

The risk of these strategies is well-known : lot management. Comes ALWAYS a point, where the margin is stressed, the logical solution being to accept & cut losses, often with bigger losses than normal if you retried many times.

Is there any way to get out of a failed hedge ?   Have you ever seen such a method that could limit damages made by a failed hedged deal ? Overbidding ad vitam aeternam is definitively not the solution.

Icham Aidibe:

Whatever the spread can be included. Likely it's just remain to code it :) What do you wait ?

Feel free to consult that thread also, we're about 5 ppl working on hedging systems since few months, it may helps : 

Mr.Icham , can you please test the strategy I'm using with 2 pip spread, and show the result the same of the picture you are included in this chat?

Zee Zhou Ma:

Looks like grid hedging to me. 

You should stop entering position 4,5,6,7 and 8 on the same currency pair, and focus on other pairs instead.

By the time you know you have to put position 4, you know you are already on a non-trending market. 

Putting any more positons on this market is wasting your chips on a sick horse. It is not justifiable. 

have you test it ? and see the results and how it will looks ? I made it 8 trades to avoid worst conditions.

محمد البياتي:

have you test it ? and see the results and how it will looks ? I made it 8 trades to avoid worst conditions.

Unfortunately I'm far from coding these times. I even don't have a terminal installed on that laptop, I just connect from time to time to check my signals. 

Zee Zhou Ma:

Well done. You made it on islamic trading account with high leverage? 

What is the account size and leverage you have used?

just to be clear I haven't used it on trading, it's theory and I don't know how to test it, that's why I'm asking anyone if can test it and see how it will do.

Icham Aidibe:

Unfortunately I'm far from coding these times. I even don't have a terminal installed on that laptop, I just connect from time to time to check my signals. 

that's sad 

محمد البياتي:

that's sad 

Hedging isn't that easy. You're just supposing that by adding an order each time will come a point where you'll be able to take profit, but sometimes/often you're outta margin before price goes in your favor ; anyone using hedging will tell it to you. 

Unless you find a way to pass throught this, your system will be just another hedging system, there is tons of.  

it seems to be a zone recovery system, there are quite a number available product int he website.

As long as you increase lots size, it is Martingale-in-nature, it is risky and need to be used with proper money management.

Icham Aidibe:

Hedging isn't that easy. You're just supposing that by adding an order each time will come a point where you'll be able to take profit, but sometimes/often you're outta margin before price goes in your favor ; anyone using hedging will tell it to you. 

Unless you find a way to pass throught this, your system will be just another hedging system, there is tons of.  

You are right about that.

crashfires2:

exactly as it is 

keep on the good research

Reason: