Scripts: Average Volume per Hour

Average Volume per Hour:

This script scans through the bars within a 1 Hour chart and calculates the average volume per hour. It is prevented from working on any chart other than 1 hour and the average calculation uses MathAbs to ensure the absolute volume is calculated.

Just drag the script onto a 1 Hour chart and it should display a message box with the results. I thought this might be useful if you are thinking of limiting trading to times when the volume is high and you wanted to double check which times were most liquid.

Average Volume Per Hour.

Author: Mark Wilson

Automated-Trading:

Average Volume per Hour:

Author: Mark Wilson

hi,

Timings there as in 0 hrs, 1hrs etc what time are those ....which sessions are they (London, Sydney, NY) or they are my local time or mt4 server time?

614776:

hi,

Timings there as in 0 hrs, 1hrs etc what time are those ....which sessions are they (London, Sydney, NY) or they are my local time or mt4 server time?

The times are from the chart, ie the Broker’s Server Time.   The session depends on what your Broker’s time is.   A broker server based in NY will give different results to London.   If you had an EA that used local time and a different server time then it would be less relevant and you would need to convert the time and possibly worry about Daylight Savings.

This wasn’t intended to tell you when a session starts.   It would be better to look that up on the internet.   It just gives a rough/average feel of how volume changes through the day.

0,1,2 etc is the hour, eg 00:00, 01:00, 02:00 etc

Hi Mark,

I see it would be much more visual if you put the numbers as bars or histogram on a separate window (as indicator).

By the way, can you name some strategy ideas using this script?

Thank you for your great work.

Reason: