Problem attaching now

I have products in my MT4 that worked last week. I did an update of Windows this weekend and restarted MT4.

Now I cannot attach EA's. It shows up in the Navigator tab under the Market and already downloaded when I look in the market tab.

But I can't attach them to the chart all of a sudden.

Any idea how to solve something like this? I restarted the MT4, but no luck. Still the same problem.

I don't know whether this includes MT4

Due to the change of encryption keys, applications purchased from the Market will lose one activation, because all products are bound to the operating system. We have provided an additional activation for all products purchased from the Market regardless of the operating system, just like we provided activations after the previous release of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Thus, MetaTrader Market users will not lose product activations after the installation of Windows 10 April 2018 Update.

Activations of demo products will also be lost, so you will need to re-download such applications from the Market.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/242676

Windows 10 April 2018 Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid
Windows 10 April 2018 Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid
  • www.mql5.com
Windows 10 April 2018 Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid On April 30, Microsoft officially released a major update of their operatin...

Maybe that's the problem. But when I look in the markets tab I can't download. It is already installed.

So I need to be able to install it again I guess. but don't know how.

Staffan Ofwerman:

Maybe that's the problem. But when I look in the markets tab I can't download. It is already installed.

So I need to be able to install it again I guess. but don't know how.

I got a reply from the support. It has something to do with the Windows update and they solved it for all users. Just need to remove and install the EA's and Indicators all over again. And they added the activations that was activated for the ones lost. Automatically for all users as far as I understand.

A little scary though. Not sure why Microsoft did this weird update moving stuff. A lot of settings were lost. The e-mail notification fields were all blank and things like that. I'm glad I only trade on Windows. The rest of my computers are all Mac.

Staffan Ofwerman:

I got a reply from the support. It has something to do with the Windows update and they solved it for all users. Just need to remove and install the EA's and Indicators all over again. And they added the activations that was activated for the ones lost. Automatically for all users as far as I understand.

A little scary though. Not sure why Microsoft did this weird update moving stuff. A lot of settings were lost. The e-mail notification fields were all blank and things like that. I'm glad I only trade on Windows. The rest of my computers are all Mac.

Hi Staffan,  I had the same problem when I did a Windows update.  This is the link to the information that I found about the issue.  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/217776  Maybe it's the same issue.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/223233#comment_6247350

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid
  • www.mql5.com
On October 17, Microsoft officially released a major update of their operating system Windows 10 Fall Creators Update...
Reason: