Indicators: Heiken-Ashi

Heiken-Ashi:

The Heiken-Ashi indicator is looks like the candlestick chart, but it has some difference.The advantage of the Heiken-Ashi charts is a simple trend determination, the upward trend candles are blue,the downward trend candles are red.

Author: MetaQuotes Software Corp.

how can i use this in several timeframes ?

icustom does not work or iam wrong?

ismirnix:

You might be able to answer my question: Can you use same indicator with different time periods in the same EA?

An Example of a Trading System Based on a Heiken-Ashi Indicator

With the appearance of candlestick chart in the U.S., more than two decades ago, there was a revolution in the understanding of how the forces of bulls and bears work on the Western markets. Candlesticks became a popular trading instrument, and traders began working with them in order to ease the reading of the charts. But the interpretation of candlesticks differ from one another.

One of these methods, which changes the traditional candlestick chart, and facilitates its perception, is called the Heikin Ashi technology.

Nice

Hello, could you edit your Heiken ashi script like down below?

Curr Close HA = (Prev Open + Prev Close + Curr Open + Curr Close)/4

Curr Open HA  = (Prev Close HA + Prev Open HA)/2

Curr Low HA   =  Take the lowest value of the three - Curr Close HA, Curr Open HA and Curr Low

Curr High HA  = Take the highest value of the three - Curr Close HA, Curr Open HA and Curr High

I'll apreciate your help...

From the search

Why don't you offer Heiken Ashi Smoothed indicator? Also why am I not able to modify the colors? I can change one color but not both? MT4 is better.

Ryan Kane:
Why don't you offer Heiken Ashi Smoothed indicator? Also why am I not able to modify the colors? I can change one color but not both? MT4 is better.

If you double click on the colour within the inputs you can change them individually there.

Can I somehow use that buffer trick to change the color of a specific candle also via an EA?

ismirnix:

Use something like this to use multi timeframes in one EA:
int OnInit()
   {
   //--- insert this code ---
   iCustom_Handle1 = iCustom(_Symbol,PERIOD_M5, "::Indicators\\Heiken_Ashi.ex5");
   iCustom_Handle2 = iCustom(_Symbol,PERIOD_M15,"::Indicators\\Heiken_Ashi.ex5");
   iCustom_Handle3 = iCustom(_Symbol,PERIOD_M30,"::Indicators\\Heiken_Ashi.ex5");
   return(0);
   }

void OnTick()
   {
   //--- insert this code ---
   int iStart = 0;
   int iCount = 50;
   if (CopyBuffer(iCustom_Handle1,0,iStart,iCount,My_Buffer1) < 0) return;
   if (CopyBuffer(iCustom_Handle2,0,iStart,iCount,My_Buffer2) < 0) return;
   if (CopyBuffer(iCustom_Handle3,0,iStart,iCount,My_Buffer3) < 0) return;
   }
Reason: