How many alerts can I receive at once?

I know there is a maximum to how many notifications I can be sent at one time. Is there a limit to the number of simultaneous alerts you can receive?

I am asking because I created an indicator to send an alert to my computer and a notification on my phone if certain conditions are met.

I am currently running the indicator on 30 separate pairs and I am worried that I may not be notified of every met condition because of the notification limit.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Morgan Bradley.

morganbradley_forex:

I know there is a maximum to how many notifications I can be sent at one time. Is there a limit to the number of simultaneous alerts you can receive?

I am asking because I created an indicator to send an alert to my computer and a notification on my phone if certain conditions are met.

I am currently running the indicator on 30 separate pairs and I am worried that I may not be notified of every met condition because of the notification limit.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Morgan Bradley.

I don't think that there is a notification limit.

Anyway, I don't think that these conditions of yours will be met in all 30 pairs at the same time, are they?

Eleni Anna Branou:

I don't think that there is a notification limit.

Anyway, I don't think that these conditions of yours will be met in all 30 pairs at the same time, are they?

In the MQL4 reference it states limitations.

It is very possible that I may get five or six indications at once.

morganbradley_forex:

I don't know.

Use global variables for a collective notification?

https://book.mql4.com/variables/globals

GlobalVariables - Variables - MQL4 Tutorial
GlobalVariables - Variables - MQL4 Tutorial
  • book.mql4.com
Several application programs can operate in the client terminal at the same time. In some cases the necessity may occur to pass some data from one program to another. Specially for this MQL4 has global variables of the client terminal. Global variable of Client Terminal is a variable, the value of which is available from all application...

morganbradley_forex:

If you know it, why are you asking ?

Strict use restrictions are set for the SendNotification() function: no more than 2 calls per second and not more than 10 calls per minute. Monitoring the frequency of use is dynamic. The function can be disabled in case of the restriction violation.

Alain Verleyen:

If you know it, why are you asking ?

I am unsure on how they are enforced. I have received multiple notifications at once that seemed to have went against the limit of two.

Are they not enforced if my code does not have a #strict property?

Heinz Kappler:

Use global variables for a collective notification?

https://book.mql4.com/variables/globals

I am unfamiliar with global variables. How might a collective notification benefit me in this case?

morganbradley_forex How might a collective notification benefit me in this case?

Once notification per minute with all information instead of all notifications with one information.

morganbradley_forex:

I am unsure on how they are enforced. I have received multiple notifications at once that seemed to have went against the limit of two.

Are they not enforced if my code does not have a #strict property?

property strict has nothing to do with that.

The rules is about sending notifications, not receive.

Alain Verleyen:

property strict has nothing to do with that.

The rules is about sending notifications, not receive.

Yeah I should have worded it as sending notifications, every notification i receive are from notifications I am sending in the program.

So does property strict affect sending notifications and would removing the strict property do anything?

Reason: