Windows 10 update and Restart

Hi Chaps and Chapettes

I have searched the forum with the title above but it gave no results so apologies if this has already been covered.

I am having a problem with windows 10 update restarting my PC and closing my trading terminal when EA's are running. I have tried everything including altering the registry to enable metered wifi and ethernet but to no avail updates continue to thwart my profit making abilities.

I have only lost demo money so far and am loath to open a live account until I can overcome these restarts, I would be extermely appreciative for any advice with this problem I cannot imagine many trading EA's would tolerate this loss making feature of Windows 10.

Best Regards

William

I think it may be for many reasons:

• your Windows 10 is updating;
  • your opened many charts and attached many indicators and EAs to there;
  • and more.

You can wait so may be - someone will help here by discussing about many reasons so you can select your case for example.
if not so - write to the service desk to ask their advice. 

Please look in the event viewer to find the origin of the problem.

Rick_Grimes:

Hi Chaps and Chapettes

I have searched the forum with the title above but it gave no results so apologies if this has already been covered.

I am having a problem with windows 10 update restarting my PC and closing my trading terminal when EA's are running. I have tried everything including altering the registry to enable metered wifi and ethernet but to no avail updates continue to thwart my profit making abilities.

I have only lost demo money so far and am loath to open a live account until I can overcome these restarts, I would be extermely appreciative for any advice with this problem I cannot imagine many trading EA's would tolerate this loss making feature of Windows 10.

Best Regards

William

I do not think there is anything we can do with Windows 10 Home, but AFAIK with Windows 10 Pro you can disable that behavior. So all you have to do is to upgrade to 10 Pro (or go with VPS, that is)
Reason: