"Memory handler: cannot allocate 3738370048 bytes of memory" while 95% of memory unused

hat is this error about "Memory handler: cannot allocate 3738370048 bytes of memory"?

Have read some people say it is problem of computer memory overflow, but the issue is the computer has 64GB memory and over 90% of it is unused. So the memory overflow thing just does not add up literally.   

Also they said the error is because of the maximum chart bars, but that also does not make any good sense, because the Max Chart Bar History is set to the lowest amount on the MT4 terminal setting.  

FYI, the EA works perfectly fine on a backtest but the problem with the journal error of "Memory handler: cannot allocate 3738370048 bytes of memory" comes only on live trading.

What is your take on this? I'm not sure what is the reason for the error... 

philmon:

What is this error about "Memory handler: cannot allocate 3738370048 bytes of memory"?

Have read some people say it is problem of computer memory overflow, but the issue is the computer has 64GB memory and over 90% of it is unused. So the memory overflow thing just does not add up literally.   

Also they said the error is because of the maximum chart bars, but that also does not make any good sense, because the Max Chart Bar History is set to the lowest amount on the MT4 terminal setting.  

FYI, the EA works perfectly fine on a backtest but the problem with the journal error of "Memory handler: cannot allocate 3738370048 bytes of memory" comes only on live trading.

Check if there is a issue with not releasing previously allocated memory. I also had similar issue in live mode with dynamic allocation within OnInit() i couldn't solve: ArrayFree() didn't work for a reason i couldn't get a grip of, so i went static.

philmon:

What is this error about "Memory handler: cannot allocate 3738370048 bytes of memory"?

Please don't double post. I had to remove your other topic.

Wrong MT4 settings or coding error.  Please show some code to reproduce the issue.

graziani:

Check if there is a issue with not releasing previously allocated memory. I also had similar issue in live mode with dynamic allocation within OnInit() i couldn't solve: ArrayFree() didn't work for a reason i couldn't get a grip of, so i went static.

Hey thanks for the suggestions. Wish i could communicate on skilled coders level, have quite limited skills of coding myself and that is why I paid a coder to do it for me, but he is not too sure what the problem is either; although he promised me he will get back at me with some answers i could not any longer wait to find solution to this problem with live training error.

Even though the error say memory overflow, for now it is safe to say lack of enough memory is not the real problem, but a confused MT4 terminal issue?

angevoyageur:

Please don't double post. I had to remove your other topic.

Wrong MT4 settings or coding error.  Please show some code to reproduce the issue.

Hi, you're right i did post the other one by mistake. 

philmon:

Hey thanks for the suggestions. Wish i could communicate on skilled coders level, have quite limited skills of coding myself and that is why I paid a coder to do it for me, but he is not too sure what the problem is either; although he promised me he will get back at me with some answers i could not any longer wait to find solution to this problem with live training error.

Even though the error say memory overflow, for now it is safe to say lack of enough memory is not the real problem, but a confused MT4 terminal issue?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/151468
Unknow Issue - MQL4 forum
  • www.mql5.com
Unknow Issue - MQL4 forum

See if this topic can help : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/5620

The EA does draws quite a bit of lines/objects on the chart that might be the problem. But still misleading and not clear to me how all was working nicely on a backtest but soon as live charts involved all over sudden not enough memory. Bad terminal!!

It is my view that this problem is in the MQL5/MQL4 current release.

Hopefully the software programmers will realize this soon enough.

skaboy:

It is my view that this problem is in the MQL5/MQL4 current release.

Hopefully the software programmers will realize this soon enough.

This is pure speculation.

philmon:
The EA does draws quite a bit of lines/objects on the chart that might be the problem. But still misleading and not clear to me how all was working nicely on a backtest but soon as live charts involved all over sudden not enough memory. Bad terminal!!
Why bad terminal ? How do you know that ?
Reason: