The new MQL5 messaging system

The new mql5 messaging system is, politely spoken, in every way a deterioration.

To provide such a lousy messaging engine in 2018 is more than worse and I would have fired every IT engineer who worked on this project.

The previous version of this engine provided links and picture embedding, text formatting, etc. 

The new engine (after 14 days of total failure) provides plain text and nothing else.

This is the fastest journey back to the 1990's I've ever experienced and it is ridiculous for a multi-million dollar company like Metaquotes.

Sorry, to say that but I am, in many ways extremely disappointed about the "development" of Metaquotes and mql5.com

It's time to develop new solutions! (just a note to myself and that's what I recommend to every serious coder as well) 

Daniel Stein:

The new mql5 messaging system is, politely spoken, in every way a deterioration.

To provide such a lousy messaging engine in 2018 is more than worse and I would have fired every IT engineer who worked on this project.

The previous version of this engine provided links and picture embedding, text formatting, etc. 

The new engine (after 14 days of total failure) provides plain text and nothing else.

This is the fastest journey back to the 1990's I've ever experienced and it is ridiculous for a multi-million dollar company like Metaquotes.

Sorry, to say that but I am, in many ways extremely disappointed about the "development" of Metaquotes and mql5.com

It's time to develop new solutions! (just a note to myself and that's what I recommend to every serious coder as well) 

Yes it is quit buggy, but the current system does have an option to attach files.

Lakshan Perera:

Yes it is quit buggy, but the current system does have an option to attach files.

Attaching files is no progress at all.

That's been possible before this downgrade.

Daniel Stein:

Attaching files is no progress at all.

That's been possible before this downgrade.

Yes that is true.. I thought past weeks malfunctions were because they were going to update the whole system and replace it with a new system. But apparently I was wrong.

Daniel Stein:

I echo you, but you know you always have social alternatives.

Kaleem Haider:

I echo you, but you know you always have social alternatives.

I know that but these alternatives don't grab 20% of my sales earnings.

So I definitely do expect much more performance for the money I pay year by year!

The reason for my criticism is:

- They force the switch to an unpopular platform (MT5)

- They don't provide any transformation help (MT4->MT5)

- They do not sanction and support criminal activities like paid reviews, etc. (which is documented in several tickets)

- and the mql.com platform improvements are extremely downgrades

Don't get me wrong, I do like the opportunity Metaquotes provides for coders, traders, and publishers but this whole platform does have some serious credibility issues!

Daniel Stein:

I know that but these alternatives don't grab 20% of my sales earnings.

So I definitely do expect much more performance for the money I pay year by year!

The reason for my criticism is:

- They force the switch to an unpopular platform (MT5)

- They don't provide any transformation help (MT4->MT5)

- They do not sanction and support criminal activities like paid reviews, etc. (which is documented in several tickets)

- and the mql.com platform improvements are extremely downgrades

Don't get me wrong, I do like the opportunity Metaquotes provides for coders, traders, and publishers but this whole platform does have some serious credibility issues!

I agree with you.  I also think that every flaw brings a new opportunity.  Complainting does not solve anything.   I think MT5 is a better software with a lot of new stuff not in MT4.   Let’s work with new reality and bring something new and interesting. 

Kaleem Haider:
I agree with you.  I also think that every flaw brings a new opportunity.  Complainting does not solve anything.   I think MT5 is a better software with a lot of new stuff not in MT4.   Let’s work with new reality and bring something new and interesting. 
That's the problem metaquotes people don't realize, traders don't need new things, trading itself is already to complicated, we need a trading platform that we know will be stable for decades, so you can trust on it, i think it could be possible to make MT5 compatible with MT4, if they put enough efforts, but no, code incompatible, so if they decide to launch MT6 next year all the time spent to learn MT5 would be wasted

Mrluck07:
That's the problem metaquotes people don't realize, traders don't need new things, trading itself is already to complicated, we need a trading platform that we know will be stable for decades, so you can trust on it, i think it could be possible to make MT5 compatible with MT4, if they put enough efforts, but no, code incompatible, so if they decide to launch MT6 next year all the time spent to learn MT5 would be wasted
Learn and evolve, not complaint and shrink.  Cheers!

Kaleem Haider:
Well said.
Reason: