Trades being closed out without any orders placed

Has anyone experienced (in Metatrader 4)   having their position closed for no reason? in the DEMO version?

It happens after about 30 minutes.

mark:

Has anyone experienced (in Metatrader 4)   having their position closed for no reason? in the DEMO version?

Give some more details.

What is the balance, order size, available margin etc.

Its probably a margin call, demo accounts work like live accounts in these matters.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Give some more details.

What is the balance, order size, available margin etc.

Its probably a margin call, demo accounts work like live accounts in these matters.   

In each instance i was short 6  of AUD/JPY but my balance is 49,768.37

If the cash (demo) deposit is 50,000 i would think my margin balance would be much higher,  sorry i don't know how to go back and see what it was during the trade.

Is this 4-1 leverage?

mark:

In each instance i was short 6  of AUD/JPY but my balance is 49,768.37

If the cash (demo) deposit is 50,000 i would think my margin balance would be much higher,  sorry i don't know how to go back and see what it was during the trade.

Is this 4-1 leverage?

Its not a margin call, provide some more details of your trades, a screenshot of your trading history perhaps.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Its not a margin call, provide some more details of your trades, a screenshot of your trading history perhaps.

A BO account maybe ?

Alain Verleyen:
A BO account maybe ?

What is a BO account Alain?

Eleni Anna Branou:

What is a BO account Alain?

Binary Option, when you place a trade it's automatically close after some delay. Just an idea.

Eleni Anna Branou: Its probably a margin call, demo accounts work like live accounts in these matters.

You have enough margin to open but not to sustain the draw down. Two percent risk (large) shouldn't ever reach margin call.

1. In code: Risk depends on your initial stop loss, lot size, and the value of the pair.
    1. You place the stop where it needs to be - where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce the stop goes below the support.
    2. Account Balance * percent/100 = RISK = OrderLots * (|OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss| * DeltaPerLot + CommissionPerLot) (Note OOP-OSL includes the SPREAD, and DeltaPerLot is usually around $10/pip but it takes account of the exchange rates of the pair vs. your account currency.)
    3. Do NOT use TickValue by itself - DeltaPerLot and verify that MODE_TICKVALUE is returning a value in your deposit currency, as promised by the documentation, or whether it is returning a value in the instrument's base currency.
                MODE_TICKVALUE is not reliable on non-fx instruments with many brokers.
    4. You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.
    5. You must also check FreeMargin to avoid stop out
    Most pairs are worth about $10 per PIP. A $5 risk with a (very small) 5 PIP SL is $5/$10/5=0.1 Lots maximum.
  2. Use a GUI EA like mine (for MT4): Indicators: 'Money Manager Graphic Tool' indicator by 'takycard' Forum - Page 6

Alain Verleyen:
Binary Option, when you place a trade it's automatically close after some delay. Just an idea.

That would make sense Alain, but mark should mention that, I first assumed that it was a simple forex account we were talking about.

Eleni Anna Branou:

That would make sense Alain, but mark should mention that, I first assumed that it was a simple forex account we were talking about.

Yeah, someone asking a question without mentioning all information is definitely not an option ;-)

mark:

Yes, I had in certain brokers.
Reason: