Force ENDEDIT for an "OBJ_EDIT"

Dear All,

Is there a way in the new MT4 to force ENDEDIT for an "OBJ_EDIT" without pressing the ENTER key and without external DLL intervention ?

I mean with a specific chart event or any other way.

Thank you for your help.

Eric

FerruFx:

Dear All,

Is there a way in the new MT4 to force ENDEDIT for an "OBJ_EDIT" without pressing the ENTER key and without external DLL intervention ?

I mean with a specific chart event or any other way.

Thank you for your help.

Eric

What you need seems an CHANGE_EDIT event and it doesn't exist in mql5.

angevoyageur:
What you need seems an CHANGE_EDIT event and it doesn't exist in mql5.
In fact, it isn't for mql5 but for the new mql4 ... which seems to be very similar to mql5.

FerruFx:
In fact, it isn't for mql5 but for the new mql4 ... which seems to be very similar to mql5.
Yes, it's the same on this subject.

angevoyageur:
Yes, it's the same on this subject.

Yes that's why I posted here on MQL5.

Do you have some ideas about my inquiry ?

Thank you.

FerruFx:

Yes that's why I posted here on MQL5.

Do you have some ideas about my inquiry ?

Thank you.

You need to detect a change in an edit object before pressing enter key but why, what to do ?

angevoyageur:
You need to detect a change in an edit object before pressing enter key but why, what to do ?

My quest is to find a way to skip the ENTER key pressing. I mean, once the text entered in the field, the very next event occuring (click on chart, click on object, etc ... any event) and detected in the OnChartEvent() will generate an action ending the editing (instead of the usual ENTER key).

I know that it's possible using a Windows DLL and simulate the ENTER key. But my wish is to find a way without external DLL.

Thank you for your concern.

FerruFx:

My quest is to find a way to skip the ENTER key pressing. I mean, once the text entered in the field, the very next event occuring (click on chart, click on object, etc ... any event) and detected in the OnChartEvent() will generate an action ending the editing (instead of the usual ENTER key).

I know that it's possible using a Windows DLL and simulate the ENTER key. But my wish is to find a way without external DLL.

Thank you for your concern.

I know what you are trying to do, but my question was why ?

angevoyageur:
I know what you are trying to do, but my question was why ?

In case the user of OBJ_EDIT forget to press the so famous ENTER key !

That's important because unless the end edit occurs, the text or value filled in the field isn't available/retrievable for coding usage.

FerruFx:

In case the user of OBJ_EDIT forget to press the so famous ENTER key !

That's important because unless the end edit occurs, the text or value filled in the field isn't available/retrievable for coding usage.

If the event OBJECT_ENDEDIT isn't triggered when the focus of the EDIT object is changed than you can report this as a bug to Service Desk. It's a standard behaviour.

angevoyageur:
If the event OBJECT_ENDEDIT isn't triggered when the focus of the EDIT object is changed than you can report this as a bug to Service Desk. It's a standard behaviour.

Not sure to understand.

But I think that there's no issue. The question would be : is the ENTER key pressing the only way to end edit and make the text/value available for calculation or else ?

Reason: